Need a single part - Hollis won't sell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kharon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is it with Hollis? I can buy service kits for all of my regs but not Hollis. Yep, I can get partial kits, but the most failure prone part is only available to "registered dealers".

This is not rocket science - even though you push that image. The reg is simple to disassemble and reassemble. It's easier than My Cressi AC2. I'm thinking Hollis is doing it's best to push divers into accepting they have to go to a dive shop and pay $90 every year for a $0.35 part.

I will get the part. I will repair my own reg. I will never, ever purchase another Hollis anything.

What is it with Hollis? I can buy service kits for all of my regs but not Hollis. Yep, I can get partial kits, but the most failure prone part is only available to "registered dealers".

This is not rocket science - even though you push that image. The reg is simple to disassemble and reassemble. It's easier than My Cressi AC2. I'm thinking Hollis is doing it's best to push divers into accepting they have to go to a dive shop and pay $90 every year for a $0.35 part.

I will get the part. I will repair my own reg. I will never, ever purchase another Hollis anything.

K...

Hear Ya...

Expand that to say...anything Huish...Hollis along with the rest didn't sell out to Huish because they were making too much money...obsolescence...cash flow...and bad business models took them out...

Contact Mark Derrick...at Dive Gear Express...he may still have some Hollis parts left...

Buy from those who sell without restriction...all the parts you will ever need...

Best...

Warren...

Reactions: Ana

To be fair, if you are buying Cressi kits with no trouble it’s not because Cressi US has a different policy than Hollis - you just found a non-compliant source.

Buying anything made by a Huish company should be treated same as a Craigslist Sale, service, support and spare parts aure unavailable and should be considered in the price you are willing to pay for something w/o support.

In my opinion paying more then 40-50% of list is foolish for new products from Huish companies.

Michael

not regulator parts or parts kits. They never have been for any of the AUP brands, written quite clearly in the dealer agreements and it is very much the rule vs. the exception. A dumb rule, but the rule.
I have in my hand, a "Zeagle 1st stage Service Kit #345-1000 Rev.3" that I bought from HUISH, or a HUISH dealer, in 2017.

I have in my hand, a "Zeagle 1st stage Service Kit #345-1000 Rev.3" that I bought from HUISH in 2017.
You are in the US and not a dealer?
And your phrasing sounds like you bought directly from Huish and not a dealer?

If so, then that makes two oddities or anomalies outside of usual experience and understanding - selling direct to the public, and selling kits to the public.

Back
Top Bottom