Need a drysuit? Bring your questions to this roundtable!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How can a brand new (zero dives) Santi E-Lite leak in the right foot, or at least accumulate a bit of water in the right foot? I thought I was an idiot and didn't close the zipper all the way, but the second diving day it was leaking just the same after cleaning the zipper, lubricating the docking end and checking it thrice!

I'm interested in the dry glove system too, since I also have Smart Seals =)

I have had leaks from not closing the zipper all the way (Day 1 in the pool) and the wrist seal being too loose before, and the P-valve. None of those resulted in a wet foot. If you are positive you had the zipper all the way closed then for a wet foot I would leak-test the suit. I haven't done that before but other threads have instructions how.

I have been told that for the plastic zips you shouldn't go too crazy lubricating them. It can make the zipper more likely to back open a bit. I lube just the end of mine with the little chapstick thingy it came with and I don't do it very frequently. But I am skeptical that a partially open zipper would get you wet on the foot only. I was soaked in the midsection. Another tip about the zipper is to tuck the zipper pull for the waterproof zipper back up under the protective zipper, so there's not a chance some of your gear could tug on it.

How can a brand new (zero dives) Santi E-Lite leak in the right foot, or at least accumulate a bit of water in the right foot? I thought I was an idiot and didn't close the zipper all the way, but the second diving day it was leaking just the same after cleaning the zipper, lubricating the docking end and checking it thrice!

I'm interested in the dry glove system too, since I also have Smart Seals =)

It shouldn't....have you tried doing a leak test? Know how?

On the smart seals, Santi is hoping to have them in the states around Xmas :) They didn't have anything to show at DEMA, but said they would be available.

It shouldn't....have you tried doing a leak test? Know how?

On the smart seals, Santi is hoping to have them in the states around Xmas :) They didn't have anything to show at DEMA, but said they would be available.

Thanks for following up. I'm going to wait a bit longer and see what they come up with.

Are Smart Seals/ Smart Gloves available for non-SANTI suits? The "flexible" dryglove ring is interesting.
Thanks

Are Smart Seals/ Smart Gloves available for non-SANTI suits? The "flexible" dryglove ring is interesting.
Thanks
At present time, it's only available on Santi suits. I'm not sure if they will be changing that in the future.

I'm sure they would! Just reach out to them, and I'm sure they will make it right.

I wonder if I should reach out to them now, or after black Friday when they might not be so busy.....what do you think?

Yeah... It seems a flexible Kubi, but at least they may have copied the market leader.

It is my understanding that the wrist seal goes in backwards if you put on the dry gloves (the seal exits the locking ring with the two ridges in the back instead of front). Am I right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom