Need a drysuit? Bring your questions to this roundtable!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a recently replaced zipper on a trilam that I dove in March and April, then did not dive again until September due to an eye surgery. On October first I experienced flooding and found that the new Aquaseal @ the inside of the zipper was delaminating in several places. Should I try and fix it myself or just send it back to the dealer. I wonder if the dealer might give me a break on a Santi Espace if I fixed it myself? I don't want to mention the dealer, as he seems like a good guy and I know **** happens sometimes.

I'm sure they would! Just reach out to them, and I'm sure they will make it right.

I'm contemplating my first dry suit purchase. Have lived in Florida for 35+ years, but will be relocating to the Pacific NW when I retire next year. Will want a dry suit that I can travel with, sometimes by air. Pretty overwhelmed by all the choices. Is there a place where I can find "first drysuit for dummies information:"
1. Choices/alternatives about seals;
2. Choices/alternatives about dry glove systems;
3. Choices/alternatives about socks/boot systems?

More than happy to help if you need it!! Are you free to talk on the phone soon? The easiest thing is to go over all this on the phone, so back and forth chatter can happen more freely. If you want, email me a day and time that works for you, and we can go over everything, and help find the perfect suit for your needs. mike@diverightinscuba.com

It can be overwhelming finding a suit, that's why we sell pretty much everything out there. We can help you figure out which one is best for you vs. just selling you the brand we sell.

Drysuit question...I have a fusion bullet, I love it but I've been getting a little water inside the suit? I did 4, 30 minute dives this weekend, when I took my suit off my thermals were wet, not soaked but more then damp. I know that depending on my head movements some water can get though me neck seal but I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and has a fix? The seals are new...8 dives total and have not been cut.

Have you done a leak test yet? I would start there. Plug the wrists with some cups, and the neck with a bowl or kids ball. Then, use your scuba tank to fill the suit and soap it down with soapy water. On a Fusion, take the skin off first. Then, look for bubbles. If you don't see anything, then put some weight on the suit, and leave it a few hours. See if the pressure has dropped by noticing if the suit is sagging at all. Be sure to close the exhaust valve all the way and p-valve :wink: Let me know what happens, and that will help get to a solution.

If it is the neck seal, are you using silicone or latex? Have you trimmed it? Where do you wear the seal? High on your neck(above adams apple or below)? If you move it lower, you shouldn't have issues turning your head with leaks

Hi! Thanks I have leak tested it...no leaks.
I honestly don't pay attention to where my neck seal ends up but I will try and put it under my Adam's apple this weekend. I have not trimmed the seals and they are silicone with the SLT seal system. It's definitely coming from me neck seal, I have felt air burp up the front of my neck ..I'm guessing your spot on about my Adams able causing it!! Never even thought of that

Hi! Thanks I have leak tested it...no leaks.
I honestly don't pay attention to where my neck seal ends up but I will try and put it under my Adam's apple this weekend. I have not trimmed the seals and they are silicone with the SLT seal system. It's definitely coming from me neck seal, I have felt air burp up the front of my neck ..I'm guessing your spot on about my Adams able causing it!! Never even thought of that

If it's above your adams apple, this will for sure fix it. Go finally dive dry!!! :) And, if the suit is burping that much, stop putting so much air in it, or stay more horizontal. I know that's easy to say, but focus more on your technique too.

I have a Santi E-lite that I bought from DRIS and I'm loving it. It's probably my favorite piece of gear that I have.

It has the Santi Smart Seals on the wrists. I like that they are so easy to replace. But, I'm interested in dry gloves. What options do I have? My preference would be NOT having to send in the suit for something to be installed, retaining the option to use the seals I have and wet gloves, AND when the dry gloves are on, retaining some type of seal around the wrist so a hole in the glove doesn't flood the suit. Are those 3 things possible? I suppose the latter isn't as important as the first 2.

I heard Santi was coming out with dry gloves compatible with the Smart Seals this year. Tried emailing them and no reply.

I have a Santi E-lite that I bought from DRIS and I'm loving it. It's probably my favorite piece of gear that I have.

It has the Santi Smart Seals on the wrists. I like that they are so easy to replace. But, I'm interested in dry gloves. What options do I have? My preference would be NOT having to send in the suit for something to be installed, retaining the option to use the seals I have and wet gloves, AND when the dry gloves are on, retaining some type of seal around the wrist so a hole in the glove doesn't flood the suit. Are those 3 things possible? I suppose the latter isn't as important as the first 2.

I heard Santi was coming out with dry gloves compatible with the Smart Seals this year. Tried emailing them and no reply.

We should know more next week, at DEMA. I will post back when I find out the ETA, and hopefully have pics

Are you free to talk on the phone soon? The easiest thing is to go over all this on the phone, so back and forth chatter can happen more freely. If you want, email me a day and time that works for you, and we can go over everything, and help find the perfect suit for your needs. mike@diverightinscuba.com

Thanks, I'm off the grid from Saturday-to-Saturday starting tomorrow for a week on the Belize Aggressor III; hoping there will be no need for a dry suit there. Will try to coordinate a time for a call when I get back.

How can a brand new (zero dives) Santi E-Lite leak in the right foot, or at least accumulate a bit of water in the right foot? I thought I was an idiot and didn't close the zipper all the way, but the second diving day it was leaking just the same after cleaning the zipper, lubricating the docking end and checking it thrice!

I'm interested in the dry glove system too, since I also have Smart Seals =)

Back
Top Bottom