NE stalks NW(GratefulDiver)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drydiver

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This past weekend Sam and I had the pleasure of meeting Bob in Marianna at the NSSCDS shindig.

It all started at Edd’s shop on Friday morning where Bob was easily identifiable as a NW dive club member by his Tshirt. Eagle eyes Sam immediately walked up to him and asked “are YOU Bob?” as she sported the “groupie meeting a rock star” glassy eyed look. “oh boy” I said to myself, this is gonna be good, where is my :popcorn: And in her authentic NY verbal overdrive, it began, 1 bjillion words a minute, only pausing for the occasional breath to fuel her school girl giggle. SOMEHOW I managed to tear her away for some cave diving that morning, not sure how. Oh yeah, I remember now, HE left to head off to dive, yep, otherwise no telling when I might have gotten wet that day . . . :shakehead:

So we hop in the car and do we talk a lick about diving, upcoming dive plan, anything? Oh hell no. Bob is soooo nice isn’t he? He is soooo cute! And very huggable too, I can’t believe I got to meet him and on and on and on. After diving, back at Edd’s while we were getting fills, Bob also showed up. Sam shouts up the driveway in a singsong tone “Bob!! Are ya staking me?” well, if that was not a sign of what was to follow I do not know what was. Poor dude probably just wanted to eat his sandwich in peace and quiet, but noooo. Another googly eyed verbal assault.

I manage to tear her away again to head back to the hotel for a shower before the Wes Skiles tribute, BUT I am only convinced I was successful at that because she knew he would be there later also. So after hanging out all evening, they decide to setup a breakfast date. At what time?? 6:30 in the freakin morning, omg, I definitely deserved some wing woman points on THAT one. And when we get there, he invites Sam to sit next to him. :eyebrow:

We sat together all day at the seminars and afterwards we said our good byes because we had different plans for Sunday and he was heading home afterwards. Did Sam get her fill? Oh hell no. Originally we had planned for an evening dive after the seminars, but it was the 3rd ring of hell temperature of 99, so what did we do instead? Sam charms a local into giving us Bob’s cell number. I did my best to tell the charmed that she is wanted in like 6 states for this type of behavior, to no avail :shakehead: She calls him, tells him we want to come to his hotel room and then go out to dinner.

5 minutes later she is banging on his door and surprisingly he answers it AND invites us in???? ok, NOW I am thinking, he must LIKE being stalked :D and he proves it by sharing yet unseen video of his cave dives for the week!!! He is totally feeding the beast and very quickly we are both ooohing and aaahing and giggling like school girls, listening to the dive stories associated with the video, FOR AN HOUR!!! At this point we are all feeling woozy with hunger so we agree to eat, for how long you may ask? Oh, I don’t know, maybe a 2 hour dinner? Yep and lemme tell ya, the food was served in 7 minutes. oh, and lest I forget, Sam sat next to him again. :eyebrow: Then we said our good byes for real and I gave him a hug, yep, he won me over by then also :daydreaming:

Thinking back, he was the most accommodating stalkee I have ever met. Wait, Dr Bill did give us his home address, so maybe not. What say you Bob?? muahahah

:stalker:

Last edited:
Bob likes being a stalkee ... especially by a pair of cute, entertaining younger women ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob likes being a stalkee ... especially by a pair of cute, entertaining younger women ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

that mean your giving up the home address???

The girls are quite cute, aren't they?

It seems that women never stalk me. They let their attorneys do it for them.

That is not completely true. There was this one.... lets just say that she made every single goon in DNY goonland look quite sane.

:shocked2:

Donna strikes again with another stalker thread....:rofl3:

I'm laughing soooooooo hard I have tears in my eyes.

I have to set the record straight that I was not pounding on Bob's hotel room door, I was busy taking a pic of the damaged passenger side mirror on Bob's rental car. Donna was the one pounding on Bob's hotel room door.

I am not wanted in six states for stalking, only in two states...:rofl3:...I'm joking folks.

Yes, I did charm a local into giving me Bob's number but I knew Bob would not mind given we were doing it for the benefit of having dinner with Bob rather than having Bob dine alone....yeah, that's the story I was telling myself.

Since joining SB, I've enjoyed Bob's posts and articles so imagine my delight when I FINALLY met him in person. Bob is even funnier and smarter in person!! He is cuddly and huggable as all hell!!! And the best part is he can keep up with the antics and conversations that Donna and I throw at him.

Yep, Bob was a willing stalkee which makes our life easier. I make no apologies for stalking Bob, any warm-blooded diver chick would unless she were narc'd.

THANK YOU, Bob for tolerating two pushy loud northerners for two days in Marianna. We WILL see you again, I promise. :hugs:

Bob, Bob Bob. That's all everyone is talking about these days. I am going home and taking my marbles as well.

what is everyone talking about :confused:

The girls are quite cute, aren't they?

awww, totally not biased are ya?? :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
:blush:

that mean your giving up the home address???

Damn, girl, you are a brazen little stalker asking directly for Bob's home address. :rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom