Navy deployments and scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dj_skidoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm not new to deployments...but new to scuba. Do you guys bring your gear out on the boat with you or just rent...was thinking about bringing my stuff in a hard case minus my tank.

I'm not new to deployments...but new to scuba. Do you guys bring your gear out on the boat with you or just rent...was thinking about bringing my stuff in a hard case minus my tank.

I always carried my gear with me. The deciding factor is whether or not you will have a good place to store it onboard.

That's what I was thinking...gotta see how much space...was never a problem when I was ships company...now in a squadron.

I never bothered with taking dive gear on the ship. Any place you go on liberty, you can rent stuff. If you need it onboard, then whatever you need magically appears.
When I traveled on leave, I had my stuff in seabags and traveled with that.

I brought mine underway all the time... but luckily I had a locker outboard my rack that the SK's forgot about (and I was on a SSN).

I always took mine too. Never cared much for rentals.

Back
Top Bottom