NAUI assistant instructor course??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As some of you may remember I was just starting to work on my assistant instructor course last fall. I wasn't in good enough shape to pass the swim test prior to actually aking the course and then my instructor/shop owner died in a fire. Well the diving season is soon to start and I would like to get this course done. this year. Problem is that everything is a long way from me.

My big question right now is--how long does it take to complete this course on average? I know there is a certain amount of academic time and water time required as well as the time to demonstrate swimming, skin diving and scuba skills. Also I know that I would have to do some teaching.

I guess what I'm looking for is how many days will it be--2, 5, 8, 10 or 12 etc. Or in otherwords how many days will I have drive over 200 miles to get this done.

jbd,
It really depends on how your instructor has formatted the class. NAUI S&P says the course can be done in about 20 hours total, with a minimum of one OW dive also, but that's just an estimate.
It can be done in 2 weekends if you go in with all the prerequisites taken care of. Sorry about that drive. Wow, 200 miles! That's dedication. Good luck!

Neil

one other question if you don't mind. Can any NAUI instructor teach this course to me or do I need to find an instructor with specific credentials?

jbd,
Any active status NAUI instructor can teach the NAUI AI course. Best of luck with the course. That is some dedication for the drive you have to make and I applaud you for it. Make the most of it.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom