Natural Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkBaite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am looking for anyone that knows of the locations of Fresh water Springs in the gulf with 20 miles of shore around the Sanibel/ Ft Myers area.

I would like to find one or three and then do a dive around them.
I know of Blue hole but would like the GPS or Lat/Lon. for them if anyone knows..

I think these would be some awsome dives for the group and would like to try them.. :eyebrow:

uh huh... and what will you be breathing???

nitrox of course!

depends on how deep they are or how far I want to go Maybe Tri-Mix.... LOL

Looking to Explore not saying I will be going to 210' but close enough....

Ned DeLouche's Book "Diving Underwater Florida", available at almost every dive shop. He mentions several fresh water springs in the gulf and gives loran numbers to them. Hope this helps.

Also, check out the Florida Geological Survey online. It has a listing of all the known submarine springs in florida.

There's been a couple discovered recently. You can find some info in the NSS-CDS publication. I don't think they give directions to their survey project but It would be easy enough to get contact the divers working on the projects and offer to lend a hand.

You do know these things are caves right?

CBulla:
Actually search this forum -- I believe I posted those coord's Brian :wink:

The only one I found was Blue Hole and I didn't see any coords on that post, but I will be checking.

novafury:
Looking to Explore not saying I will be going to 210' but close enough....
Watch that PO2 Bubba (and the PN2 also)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom