National Geographic what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
simbrooks:
One of LDS owners around here kept harping on almost every time we met up about his National Geo work - dont think it was PADI OW, more in the videography or support kind of deal, i wouldnt have trusted him in a 2" deep puddle. :wink:

Hey Simm,
I don't quite understand you. Care to elaborate?

and I'm happy cos I'm a diver AND a Geographer (although don't tell my colleagues I read National Geographic) so at least this will get both areas some attention :wink:

CON8IV:
Hey Simm,
I don't quite understand you. Care to elaborate?
Not saying anything about Nat Geo or their course, but the name conjures up images of this loser guy, hardly ever was the store open, usually had a "gone surfing" sign up, i left tanks to be filled, came back 5 days later, they are still sitting there. I saw pics of his students - scary, i talked diving with him and others at the store, even more scary how little they knew about a bunch of topics i would think an instructor, dm's, techs and such should know. I dont think Nat Geo had anything to do with this, but he used it as a badge of honour in some way, but like all those who boast of what they do, they really dont have the stuff behind them to back it up.

Cancun Mark just take a pill dude. Life if too short to be wrapped so tight- I don't have and problem with the system; PADI or otherwise. I have enjoyed every PADI class. I have met a lot of cool people.

RIDiver501, you are right That PADI acronym was something someone told me a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was funny. I guess nobody else did- I am sorry.

That is the one thing about this board I must get used to- not everyone has my sense of humor.

One more thing- Cancun Mark seeing that you are an Instructor, Course Director ect. ect. using STFU........now THAT'S childish.
I take that back, I have ONE last thing- I did not know what aprobrious was so I got out the dictionary (American Heritage,fourth edition). It's not a word.
Did you mean approbation, appurtenance, or maybe apropos?

unless you can find any other agency with the same or higher quality materials as the NG diver program, you clearly should stop jumping on anything that PADI does just to express your aprobrious, small minded and snipy opinions.[/QUOTE]

APROBRIOUS- WTF (hey I'm not a course director)- :) J-Dog

JDog:
Cancun Mark just take a pill dude. Life if too short to be wrapped so tight- I don't have and problem with the system; PADI or otherwise. I have enjoyed every PADI class. I have met a lot of cool people.

RIDiver501, you are right That PADI acronym was something someone told me a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was funny. I guess nobody else did- I am sorry.

That is the one thing about this board I must get used to- not everyone has my sense of humor.

One more thing- Cancun Mark seeing that you are an Instructor, Course Director ect. ect. using STFU........now THAT'S childish.
I take that back, I have ONE last thing- I did not know what aprobrious was so I got out the dictionary (American Heritage,fourth edition). It's not a word.
Did you mean approbation, appurtenance, or maybe apropos?

JDog,

I can't speak for Cancun Mark, but I will tell you this. He was actually pretty close on the spelling.... it is opprobrious, and it means:

Expressing contemptuous reproach; scornful or abusive

I must say that the tone of the thread was opprobrious, and therefore was right on.

And a LOT of PADI instructors don't particularly care for the Put Another Dollar In comment. There are other sayings out there for the other agencies as well, but I won't start that here...

Charles

quarrydiver99:
JDog,

I can't speak for Cancun Mark, but I will tell you this. He was actually pretty close on the spelling.... it is opprobrious, and it means:

Expressing contemptuous reproach; scornful or abusive

I must say that the tone of the thread was opprobrious, and therefore was right on.

And a LOT of PADI instructors don't particularly care for the Put Another Dollar In comment. There are other sayings out there for the other agencies as well, but I won't start that here...

Charles
I guess he needs to go back to school and take english and spanish, because he doesn't know how to spell spanish either. :11:

evad:
3 nights, $550.00, and you can buy an Olsen Twins Underwater Adventure towel for
an additional $29.99.

I wonder how much more "Trail Rated" is for a Jeep?

I think we need the link to judge this package for ourselves.

Actually, I want to be the first diver on my block with the DVD and the Olsen Twins towel... :wink:

Oh, and here's the NG/PADI website. If you go to the Crewpak page, you can view snippets from the DVD.

I did note that on the referral source questionnaire on the home page, they didn't list ScubaBoard. Gotta talk to them about that...

-G

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom