Naked Surprise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wish you had called your cop friend too! This guy didn't have a problem doing this to you, a security guard. Imagine if he comes across a 13 - 16 yo girl... :shocked2:

I'M GLAD YOU GOT AWAY OK.

When you're under 25 and some dude is wagging his weenie at you at work it tends to leave you a little overwhelmed in the "What do I do" department. I worked for a small mom-n-pop security company and had no training to guide me. They gave you a uniform and a basic idea of what needed to be done to fulfill each contract and turned you loose. Dealing with weirdos was something I learned to do one experience at a time.
Ber :lilbunny:

What happened to you wasn't a naked surprise. From what you wrote before I would think he intended to rape you.

You are VERY lucky you didn't go in that room with him.

R..

What happened to you wasn't a naked surprise. From what you wrote before I would think he intended to rape you.

You are VERY lucky you didn't go in that room with him.

R..

That very well could be the case.

Another incident in the same job involved two of the maintenance guys pulling me into the fire hall. One was behind me holding my arms and I told him to let me go. He just laughed while the other one removed my radio from my belt. I told him to let me go a second time as the other one was removing my belt yet he failed to release me. I dropped away from his grip (he wasn't expecting me to sit down fast and hard) stood up and backed against the wall so they were both in front of me in the narrow hall. I had decided that one more move toward me was going to result in broken knees for one or both because I was outnumbered and they each outweighed me by at least 100 pounds so maiming them was my only option. They laughed about it while handing back my belt and radio and said "You thought you were going to give it up whether you wanted to or not. We were just going to strip you and push you into the mall for fun." I didn't tell my boss or their boss about the incident because in my mind it was over. I did mention it to one store employee and it eventually got back to their boss and to mine. My boss told their boss he was surprised the mall didn't get a phone call telling them to come drag their wounded maintenance men out of that hall. He wanted to know why I hadn't told him about the incident, I didn't see a reason to since I had dealt with it and as far as I was concerned it was over.

Turns out the guys had been sexually harassing several employees of the stores, including the woman I had vented my annoyance to. My company's attorney told the mall owner they can either fire the guys or he will own their mall. Needless to say the guys got canned but they didn't understand why their behaviour led to their dismissal.

I didn't tell my boss or their boss about the incident because in my mind it was over.

Ber, with all due respect, people who do these things to other people need to be handled accordingly. Despite your ingenuity in getting out of it, you were sexually and/or physically assaulted on two occasions and these men (I use the term loosely) should have been held accountable for their actions.

I know you from scubaboard as being fairly assertive for the most part and I'm a little shocked that you would just let stuff like this happen to you.... It makes me angry just *reading* about it and I can't believe you would just let it go.... ! :shocked2:

It might not be fair to say that you owe it to their future victims to make sure they're dealt with but the fact is, if sexual offenders think they can get away with stuff they'll just keep doing it and the violence may very well escalate....

The point being, it wasn't "over". The incident involving YOU was "over". But now I'm just preaching, I guess.

My company's attorney told the mall owner they can either fire the guys or he will own their mall. Needless to say the guys got canned but they didn't understand why their behaviour led to their dismissal.

They never do. Some people don't have the brain power to wipe their butts without frowning but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be taken to task for their behaviour.

I bet if enough women had come forward they could have dealt them a little stiffer consequences....

R..

Ber, with all due respect, people who do these things to other people need to be handled accordingly. Despite your ingenuity in getting out of it, you were sexually and/or physically assaulted on two occasions and these men (I use the term loosely) should have been held accountable for their actions.

I know you from scubaboard as being fairly assertive for the most part and I'm a little shocked that you would just let stuff like this happen to you.... It makes me angry just *reading* about it and I can't believe you would just let it go.... ! :shocked2:

It might not be fair to say that you owe it to their future victims to make sure they're dealt with but the fact is, if sexual offenders think they can get away with stuff they'll just keep doing it and the violence may very well escalate....

The point being, it wasn't "over". The incident involving YOU was "over". But now I'm just preaching, I guess.

R..
It's been over 15 years since then, I had led a very sheltered life and was really no more than a kid when that stuff happened. I have grown to see that life experience makes a huge difference in how people react to situations like the ones I had or even a "naked surprise". It's fascinating when I sit and think about how much my personality has changed as I've aged. I've grown more assertive in my own defense as well as more aware of and protective of others. I was very much in my own little world when I was younger.

Point taken. I cringe at some of the things I did--and ways that I did them--when I was younger too. I don't hold it against you but now I understand why it didn't seem to stroke with how I know you.

R..

Point taken. I cringe at some of the things I did--and ways that I did them--when I was younger too. I don't hold it against you but now I understand why it didn't seem to stroke with how I know you.

R..

Psst... Jep, he also said stroke

Ber, I just can't imagine you being meek and mild when it comes to that kind of thing but I guess that ballsy doesn't just happen :D

R

Ber, I just can't imagine you being meek and mild when it comes to that kind of thing but I guess that ballsy doesn't just happen :D

R

Would you believe I was so shy I wouldn't even call for a haircut appointment with my regular beautician, I always had my mom do it. Yes, she who now wears rabbit ears in public (ask Jep :wink: ) and talks to everyone she sees--whether they want her to or not--used to be painfully shy :shocked2: Ballsy is SO much more fun! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom