Naked on Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw a recent youtube video that looked like it was a professional Ad for Bonaire and I had to hit pause when I noticed a naked young woman feeding an iguana on some resort beach. Are you really allowed to feed the iguanas? :rofl3:

My Avitar is Sail Naked and I have been known to, in the privacy of my own ocean, sail naked. However my current state of physical prep would not allow me to be naked on a public beach. I do not wish to make anyone feel uncomfortable however so if nakedness is required on some beaches maybe I should know that before I go. :lotsalove:

Edit: found link

Last edited by a moderator:
Boniare is Dutch so things are a little different that what we are used to in the US.

I have been there four times and on every trip have seen topless sunbathers.
I have never seen anyone sunbathing completely nude.
I have also never seen anyone that paid much attention - one way or the other...

And KBeck is correct - Sorobon is a popular clothing optional resort over next to Lac Bay

Sail....

Yes, Bonaire has a "clothing optional" resort - Sorobon. They have their own beach that is pretty well isolated from peepers. You will generally not see folks running around naked on the beaches. In some locales and beaches / resorts you will see topless sunbathers but that is a definite minority of people.

The Sorobon Beach Resort (or someone) does run a weekly clothing optional cruise leaving from downtown (and returning). One might see the folks on the sailboat out away from the harbor without clothing but that would generally take binoculars or telephoto lens!!!!!

Topless sunbathing is far more common elsewhere than Bonaire

Go look at the folks sunbathing nude at Sorobon and whatever you look like it will make you feel better about yourself.

Go look at the folks sunbathing nude at Sorobon and whatever you look like it will make you feel better about yourself.

most places that I've seen that had naked beachs were basically folks that were overweight by 100 pound and in their 50's or older. not exactly who you want to see naked on a beach!.

Boniare is Dutch so things are a little different that what we are used to in the US.

It sure is! I remember when I got my briefing for the ‘Helma Hooker’, the DM was explaining the history of the wreck. He said:

“The boat, she was found adrift just off Bonaire and when the authorities boarded it they found the engines broken and the holds full of marijuana! They towed her into the harbor and when the traveling Dutch magistrate came a few months later, he listened to the case and then made his decision…”

“The boat he gave to Bonaire to be sunk as a tourist attraction and the marijuana he ordered should be divided up and he gave an equal portion to every man and woman living on Bonaire.”

Then I remembered! “Oh, yea! :) It’s a Dutch thing! Have an ‘Amsterdam good time’ and all that…”

I’m not sure if the story was true or not, but it was very entertaining :).

Post pics and then we'll tell you whether going 'desnudo' is advisable or not....

Cave Bum you are totally off on the hooker they burnt the pot and the cloud drifted to Aruba to make it "one happy island" :))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom