NACD: Please Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Any questions that you may have will be reviewed and answered by the Board of Directors for the NACD. This thread section will be reviewed on a timely basis and we ask that you understand that it may take a day or two for an official answer to come back to you from the NACD BOD. Questions involving Standards and Procedures as they are written will be answered much more readily based on the current S & P's.

No questions and their corresponding answers should be taken as a means to provide training for cave diving, you must seek out a teaching status cave instructor to learn how to cave dive.

This thread will be based on questions regarding policy, training guidelines and S&P's.

To learn about NACD's products and to find an NACD instructor go to:
www.safecavediving.com

? does or did WILLIAM HOGARTH MAIN ever exist,nothing on google except some artist that lived around the 1600's. Hard to belive he pionered cave diving.

The Wm Main you're getting on a google search is someone different. Cave diver Bill Main is alive and still diving to this day. Cave diving isn't real mainstream so you won't find a lot on specific cave divers doing Internet searches. Buy some cave diving books. You'll see plenty of references to Bill.

? does or did WILLIAM HOGARTH MAIN ever exist,nothing on google except some artist that lived around the 1600's. Hard to belive he pionered cave diving.

Bill Main is alive & well. He lives just outside High Springs, about a mile from me. He is still an active cave diver.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,working on going to Zanadu in the not so distant future and I've studied alot on the "HOG" style but have found little on the man who developed such a common sense approach.
Guess I never thought of him as just "BILL"

Bill Main, Lamar English, Greg Flanagan and many of the folks who pioneered cave exploration and who designed and built the first iterations of gear we take for granted now are very much "still around." But should you be lucky enough to bump into one of them, say at a dive site, you may be surprised by their appraisal of your "HOG' configuration... Bill Main especially. The term minimalist is what springs to mind! His is truly a rock and railroad spike philosophy.

Curious about how long it should be taking to receive my certs.
I completed a cave course aprox 6-7 weeks ago, but no certs have arrived.(yes, I passed the course)
Instructor states that there must be a problem @ agency that is causing delay.:idk:

Curious about how long it should be taking to receive my certs.
I completed a cave course aprox 6-7 weeks ago, but no certs have arrived.(yes, I passed the course)
Instructor states that there must be a problem @ agency that is causing delay.:idk:

No problem at the agency. I have submitted several certs over the past 6-7 weeks and all have been issued.

No problem at the agency. I have submitted several certs over the past 6-7 weeks and all have been issued.
...thanks.
BTW....have we recently bumped into eachother @ Peacock?
I spoke with an instr. on surface about a couple cavern divers he saw exceeding training limits. (2-3wks ago)
I am currently looking to proceed with training and was impressed at the amount of concern expressed to them when they surfaced.....reguardless of how it may have been preceived by them, I felt the amount of ass he showed was apropriate.
Currently NACD INTRO, with 28 post training dives @ Peacock, Ginnie, & Little River.

Back
Top Bottom