NACD: Please Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm at Peacock pretty regularly, but that wasn't me. Not that I wouldn't have said something. I just didn't see that happen.

Junebug, If you have not received your NACD C-card by my writing this post let me know and I will look into it for you. I will need to know your instructors name and training timeframe.

NACD c-cards are delayed right now. A part is on order for the card machine. It should be in soon if it's not already and cards will be printed soon. The NACD card maker is at DEMA right now so it will be a few days.

The Wm Main you're getting on a google search is someone different. Cave diver Bill Main is alive and still diving to this day. Cave diving isn't real mainstream so you won't find a lot on specific cave divers doing Internet searches. Buy some cave diving books. You'll see plenty of references to Bill.

Can you (or someone) specify which books mention Bill Main, I am looking for reliable references for an article. Magazine articles will also do.
Cheers,
Peter

Let's see, last Nov I attended the NACD Annual Meeting and asked if NACD would support an effort to allow solo diving at state parks (FL). So, that's only been 6 months with nobody getting back with squat. Sure gives me a good, warm feeling about this thread.

Bill, the NACD has been dealing with a lot over the past few months since Deb Green passed away. Since her passing much of the focus has been on how to do everything she did for the organization. Things are getting worked out. I will try to remember to bring this up at the next BOD meeting.

Let's see, last Nov I attended the NACD Annual Meeting and asked if NACD would support an effort to allow solo diving at state parks (FL). So, that's only been 6 months with nobody getting back with squat. Sure gives me a good, warm feeling about this thread.

I was at that meeting and remember someone asked about solo diving. I also recall several people in the audience reminding that person that, according to their bylaws, the NACD neither condemns nor condones solo diving. I was under the impression that, after this brief discussion, the question was laid to rest: the NACD cannot support this effort because it would appear they then condone solo diving. What else do you need to know? Have you formally petitioned the board, or are you just waiting for a follow up answer to the oral comments you made at the seminar last November?

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom