NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I have learned so far.

* We are all supposed to be concerned about the lack of or sliding of safety.

* If you say something, you are a tattletell.

* If you say you heard [this] from another party, you are a troublemaker.

* No matter what your stated agenda [see first bullet], you have your own agenda and are defending someone / tearing someone down / etc.

* If something isn't done the way you would do it, it is wrong.

* Agencies should allow common sense.

* Agencies should eschew everything but following the rules.

* Kill the messenger if you don't like the message.

Do I have all this right?
attachment.php

A pro po talking about rumors:

I heard Larry Green is back and wants to take over training again. Only makes sense to get rid of Rob - have to vacate the spot in order to move in ....again. Just rumor?

exactly that just a rumor, totally not correct

---------- Post added June 7th, 2015 at 08:20 PM ----------

Bent, I don't know where this is coming from. I've always considered you a friend. And if you knew the actual sequence of events, you'd realize that gossip and "spreading expertise" isn't my intention and never has been. Believe me, I'm not out on a witch hunt. This only started because Rick Murcar and Jim Wyatt were posting about how much better their agencies were and how it's obvious that they have the answers. I messaged Rick that I wasn't a fan of the attitude and that his agency wasn't perfect, either. There was no witch hunt, no reason to ban anybody, nothing other than his need to realize that he's not perfect.

Funny I don't recall saying we were perfect. I do recall saying that I expect a higher standard of the NACD instructor

Wow! Has this post finally died??? :)

We can keep it going!

I firmly believe ALL cave instructors must prove they can do a cave dive in SPLIT FINS and a JACKET BCD with an AI COMPUTER and a SPARE AIR before they can get their instructor cards. Because, if you can do a dive and look good with that config....you're set. AmIright?

We can keep it going!

I firmly believe ALL cave instructors must prove they can do a cave dive in SPLIT FINS and a JACKET BCD with an AI COMPUTER and a SPARE AIR before they can get their instructor cards. Because, if you can do a dive and look good with that config....you're set. AmIright?

Finally! A side I can get behind in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can keep it going!

Exactly, remember the 4 rules of cave diving:

Rule #1) Always look good.
Rule #2) Always wear black. Refer to rule #1.
Rule #3) Don't die. Rules #1 and #2 take precedence over rule #3.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom