NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I honestly can't tell how sarcastic you're being here, so: "thanks" and/or "bite me" for whichever way it is. [emoji12]

:rofl3:

Yes, sorry for the ambiguity.

I was trying to point out that the terminology was bordering on a Monty Python skit.

Cleese: "So, your question is about wanting to learn to scuba dive SIIIIDEMOUNT, is it?"

Palin: "Ye-"

Cleese: "Well, you're going to have to go down the hall to the Sidemount Diving Department for that."

Palin: "B-B-But isn't this the-"

Cleese: "The Diving Sidemount Section!!??!! Well yes! It is, isn't it! Can't quite see the difference? DSS and SDD ... too confusing for you? Are you sure you should be trying something this complicated, given your ... intellect? Hmmm?"

There have been a couple of prevailing standards each trying to become DIR-like.
I was being facetious... The best part about Side mounting is that it's far more open than back mounting. That won't stop fidiots from trying to change that.

I read it too.
Am I the only who finds is odd that a bunch of the witnesses are/were members of some NACD committee or NACD board members and/or NACD instructors themselfs?
So they took one or more courses with Rob, knowing what they did was against the standards, and a couple of years later their reports get their colleague suspended. Kind of weird, no?
Weren't they in on it in a way? It's not like they were some rookies from out of town.

I read it too.
Am I the only who finds is odd that a bunch of the witnesses are/were members of some NACD committee or NACD board members and/or NACD instructors themselfs?
So they took one or more courses with Rob, knowing what they did was against the standards, and a couple of years later their reports get their colleague suspended. Kind of weird, no?
Weren't they in on it in a way? It's not like they were some rookies from out of town.

From what I heard they were all cave instructors or in the process of becoming cave instructors. Apparently they wanted to take a sidemount course. I was told that he took two at a time into the cave to do the drills. While he took the 2nd group into JB the first two went playing around in the cavern. I was also told that during this course the comment was made that it would be an advanced sidemount course since they were experienced cave divers. This is where the charges of damaging the cave going through small restrictions comes from I believe. So it appears to me these instructors / Bod members knowingly break what they say were NACD standards during a course and wait 3 years to do anything about it but they don't report themselves? I find it very laughable and an embarrassment to the NACD. It seems to me that this is highly political and I seriously doubt if any instructor was held to these standards that we would not have any cave instructors left in any organization. It seems to me that if they wanted him gone they could have just called and said so. I can't imagine anyone wanting to volunteer their time and energy for an organization that doesn't appreciate them. I think it would have also saved the NACD from getting a black eye. It was a very interesting read and is truly sad for the NACD that they have a BOD that is this incompetent.

Do not assume that any of the "Instructors" involved are exempt from the overall investigation.

Furthermore for those who said they can't get hold of me or any other board member for that matter - Facebook, SB, CDF, My website are all means of contacting me.

But for those who feel the need please by all means try this Rick.Murcar@nationalassociationforcavediving.org

Last edited:
Do not assume that any of the "Instructors" involved are exempt from the overall investigation.

Furthermore for those who said they can't get hold of me or any other board member for that matter - Facebook, SB, CDF, My website are all means of contacting me.

But for those who feel the need please by all means try this Rick.Murcar@nationalassociationforcavediving.org

Rick
Thank you for being open in your discussion.
A question I have is that someone has made 3 attempts to look at the NACD books as allowed of nonprofits,but has been blocked in each attempt by NACD council. What gives?

Rick
Thank you for being open in your discussion.
A question I have is that someone has made 3 attempts to look at the NACD books as allowed of nonprofits,but has been blocked in each attempt by NACD council. What gives?

Nothing gives nor do I know of any such recent request or are you just trying to stir the pot? So here are some questions back to you and then I'll provide the answer/recommendation.

Who is asking to see the books? When did they ask, how long ago? Whom did they ask? and What does looking at the books ( I assume you mean financial books) have to do with a instructor violation?

In any case it is not that hard. My recommendation is in accordance with (IAW) the by-laws:

NACD By-Laws para 10.04 Inspection of Books and Records

All books and records of this Corporation may be inspected by any Member, or his/her agent or attorney, for any proper purpose at any reasonable time on written demand under oath stating such purpose

Simply, the person needs to write a notarized request stating the purpose and report they wish to review to the BoD, They shall state in their request if the review of the books will be by themselves or via a attorney. Following receipt of the request by that member or his/her attorney, their membership status will be verified and a time and location for viewing will be arranged.

Did this help?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom