N.C. Wreck Diving Trip: Oct 4-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought all routes required 14 day advance for cheap tickets, but some are open until this Friday.

My bad...

don

did a dive out of Morehead City yesterday (28th)

we were supposed to dive the sub and another offshore wreck, but the weather kept us from getting out.

ended up diving inshore on the Indra.

had 2-3 foot swells and temp at depth was 75.
vis on the wreck was about 3 feet
vis above 30 fsw was around 40 feet

offshore the temps should be higher.

grumpygrouper once bubbled...
Hi

Whats the latest Water Temperatures and weather.

Happy and Safe Diving

Ron

Just getting back but will check what they had last weekend offshore and I'll let you know!

Just heard the reports over the weekend...offshore diving like the Papoose, U-352, Schurz, Naeco was excellent. Vis was about 70ft on each one....temps were 80 to 82 top to bottom and conditions were very nice for the most part. One day had some wind chop kicking the seas up to 3-4 with an occassional 5-6 ft. (normal in the area is flat to 1-2 foot seas); one day they had some current on the wrecks however most of that was alleviated by hanging onto the descent and ascent line all the way down and up and then staying behind the wreck to shield you from the current flow. In the case of the latter wreck dove on that day....the current was only running at the surface and ended at about 20-30 ft.

All in all the conditions were very nice for October diving and more goodies are still being found! Although I didn't have time to get a full rundown on what people have found so far.

Wind has been very comfortable keeping some of the heat at bay, however that means you typically need a jacket to keep you warm between surface intervals.

Been packed since Monday... :bounce:

For you guys who live up there, I guess this is not a big deal, but to us landlocked desert dwellers - "Wow! I'm going back!!"

I'm arriving RDU on Delta around 11:30am Friday, I think Kamala and others are coming in American at 12 noon, and I believe Ron and Wife are arriving Delta at 12:30pm. Kamala has had an overwhelming schedule since Friday, extending through this week, so she won't be able to communicate much. I told her I'd try to act as comm center. If you need anything, PM, call or email me; see numbers at the bottom here. :yelling:

Starting Friday, I will not be answering my usual numbers. I WILL BE ANSWERING MY TRAVEL PHONE: 806-292-1855, or at least returning Voice Mails more quickly.

Looking forward to meeting you all Friday, and we'll make you Honorary Texans for the weekend. Wear it in pride. Remember that this is Festival weekend :band: so bring energy, clothes, and some :$: for after dive activities. don :cluck:

Yippeee!!!! I'm coming on Saturday! Can't wait to meet all you guys! I'll be coming down Friday night...I'll try to make it for dinner if I can but I kind of have to ditch some obligations first. Either way...diving on Saturday! Anybody buddiless? Because I don't have a buddy :( See you guys soon!

VaScubaGirl once bubbled...
Anybody buddiless? Because I don't have a buddy

to quote Nelson from The Simpsons, "HA HA"

:froggy:

lol, look whose showin up without a friend lol

think anyone will talk to ya?? lol,

at least someone will know who you are lol

=-)

my buddy from last weekend is thinkin about doin a one day excursion, you two can swap "evil brad" stories

VaScubaGirl once bubbled...
Yippeee!!!! I'm coming on Saturday! Can't wait to meet all you guys! I'll be coming down Friday night...I'll try to make it for dinner if I can but I kind of have to ditch some obligations first. Either way...diving on Saturday! Anybody buddiless? Because I don't have a buddy :( See you guys soon!

You guys?! Never let anything get in the way of Scuba. Call in sick from the boat dock. Jeez! :goofy:

Whatever you need Red :gorgeous: just let me know. I'll share.

G-Dad :eek:ldguy:

PS: Looks like TS Larry is no threat. Hope that H-Kate behaves. The Festival is to celebrate the end of H-season!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

BradfordNC once bubbled...

lol, look whose showin up without a friend lol

think anyone will talk to ya?? lol,

at least someone will know who you are lol

my buddy from last weekend is thinkin about doin a one day excursion, you two can swap "evil brad" stories

Yes I am showing up "friendless" ;-0 thanks you SO much for pointing that out...you sure know how to make a girl feel welcome :whack:

But don't worry...I am I will be swapping evil brad stories :psst: behind you back, or in front of your back!

G-dad...can I borrow your coat? :D

Anyway, I ditched my obligations for tomorrow night so I'll be down early...are y'all meeting anywhere for dinner? See you tomorrow!

:tails:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom