N.C. Wreck Diving Trip: Oct 4-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Alright, after telling so many other members how much I like WWII wreck diving off of Morehead City/Atlantic Beach NC, I've talked myself into going again this year! Travel is Oct 3 & 7; diving on 4th, 5th, 6th. Need a few more AOW divers to fill up the party...?!

"Diver Down" is a great boat to go with :thumb: equipment deck, dry lounge, sun deck, and a fast trip. Giant strides are done into warm, Gulf Stream waters from midship after one of two onboard DMs helps with fins (safety first all the way) with a line leading to the down line. DM goes down first, comes back to report conditions at depth. Always at least one DM in the water.

And "Fishermen's Inn" is a cute little motel, with Billy and Barbara like family - only nicer. The boat docks right at their place, so there's no morning car trip. Just stumble out of bed, grab :coffee: and board. Okay, so you gotta' wake up enough to test EAN. They even serve a homecooked dinner on the dock Saturday nights. Great food!

But the best time to go is when :gorgeous: Kamala sponsors the group, as she puts together a great package, then follows through well! Check out her site:

http://www.redwetandbluediving.com

For fly-ins like me, just need to be at Raliegh-Durham airport by noon on Friday, and let her know. If you just cannot make it until a little later, I guess we can wait-?!

And this particular weekend is :partyon: Seafood Fest. Not been there for that before, but looking forward to finding out...

Would love to have some goodhearted AOW divers from Scuba Board join in. Send me a question, if I missed anything...?

Cheers! D-Don

Glad to see Diver Down getting their act together. Your experiences sound a lot better than mine. I may have to give them another try.

Hi

My wife and I are interested in the trip. We have not dived North Carolina even though we lived in NW North Corlina for 3 years. We are interested in more info. We have checked out the web site.

Happy and Safe Diving

Ron

Well, it's high time you did! The web site tells a lot, or ask me, or email or call Kamala. She's more qualified to answer questions, but you're welcome to my limited opinion. :whoop: I think the festival will be a nice bonus, too! I'm going to try to pace my energy for it.

Ask Kamala for "The Scuba Board Discount." I think she has some leeway and will knock off some. :$$:

Let me know...

D-Don

Hi

It sounds interesting. I am now trying to work out the logistics. We have a dive trip planned in the first 2 weeks of November. So work scheduling is tight.

Happy and Safe Diving

Ron

Hi
My wife and I are on for the trip. We sent our money and are getting airline tickets. See you on October 3.

Thanks for the heads up DandyDon.

Happy and Safe diving

Ron

With the trip 3 weeks off, I guess that means that other fly-ins like you and me have but 1 week to book tickets. Any others want to join us, they'd better hurry.

:cheers:

Not only is this Friday the 19th the deadline for booking economy tickets, it's also the date that she has to release motel rooms she doesn't need for our group. Since this is Festival Weekend :partyon: the motel has all rooms released already sold to their waiting list.

So, For Drive-In divers, too!! I'd like to see a lot of SB members come with us, but she will need to hear from you ASAP. She is offering a SB discount :$: off of the web site rate, plus :$$: a Drive-In discount.

After that, I guess she'll fill the boat with AOW referrals from the other operators that are turning bookings away. But if it ain't the Norwegian Bikini Team, I'd like to see SB folks.

:cluck: DON

OK Don,

i've called Kamala and i'm booked. and my dive buddy is booked now as well.

i may be norwegian, but i ain't wearing no bikini.

and just to warn everyone in advance, Troy is know from makin fun of grape smugglers and then showin up to dive in a banana hammock. i think he has "german tourist" syndrome.

hopefully the hurricanes will have cleared out and we will have some great seas and visibility.

=-)

Yeah, Kamala had told me that you two would be joining us. Super Duper!

Isy is hitting there right now, and I hope the F-Inn doesn't take much damage, but - even if they do, they'll have two weeks to patch up before we get there. The viz will have that long to clear up, and some of the wrecks will have been moved around, making artifact hunting a newly improved possibility!!

Don :zorro:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom