Mystery Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmcgilroy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
mystery Reg.jpg

Found this attached to a cut hose rolling around the bottom. I've no idea why a second stage would be cut free ??? I've searched many pages of brand logos but can't find this one. I'm sure some one here will provide the answer.

Reactions: OTF
Anyone know anything about this company? Looks brand new. Almost like this thread could be viral marketing.

Sorry; never heard of them.

This would be a laughably bad attempt at viral marketing. Especially to a small niche demo like scuba divers. Although looking back at my post I can see how that looks like it now... But speaking in the same vein what IS the most LP ports on a 1st stage y'all have seen?

I'm a Scubapro loyalist for the record. Love my new MK19, not so fond of the D420 tho

Anyone know anything about this company? Looks brand new. Almost like this thread could be viral marketing.
Let me put and end to your suspicions because ...well, it's not going to be pretty.

I looked over the hose end and where I first thought that it was cut, I've now changed my mind. The hose, as it sits, measures 26 3/4 inches end to end (including the one brass fitting-second stage end). That's about right for a lot of first stage hoses. I'm fairly sure that the hose completely separated from the fitting on the first stage end which would cause the diver to spit out the regulator and go for his octo all the while experiencing a massively venting first stage right in back of his head. The hose itself looks almost new, no visible wear marks - same for the regulator. I see a ring around the hose 1/4 " from the "cut end". There is another ring on the inside of the hose about the same 1/4". There are faint traces of crimp marks from the outside ring to the end. To me, this all looks like the hose was never pushed all the way into the fitting during the crimping process, leaving only 1/4" of crimp to hold it together. My hoses appear to have about 5/8" of crimping surface, I can only assume that missing fitting would be similar. This would certainly explain why it separated. The hose itself is marked with CE 0120 EN250 07 15 16. It would be a complete speculation as to if the hose came with the regulator or if it's an aftermarket part.

You said that you found it right near the HQ of that company, someone could have been out testing it.

You said that you found it right near the HQ of that company, someone could have been out testing it.

And not brought it back with them? Abandoned it on the bottom? Strange......

Back
Top Bottom