Mystery Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is NEX Underwater Products, we test regulators on a regular basis in this area. Currently you have a regulator that does NOT belong to you. This is a regulator that is a part of testing. Please return ASAP as this is property of NEX. Scuba Board has also been notified of this.
Wow! You might want to hire a PR professional because your company is coming off like a bunch of jerks. Also, a regulator falling off and getting lost during testing doesn’t say a lot about your quality control, which is unfortunate since this will test your customer service skills going forward and I’m worried you lack in that department as well. Best of luck with your business.

This is NEX Underwater Products, we test regulators on a regular basis in this area. Currently you have a regulator that does NOT belong to you. This is a regulator that is a part of testing. Please return ASAP as this is property of NEX. Scuba Board has also been notified of this.
Probably just a "hoax" poster. First post, rude and demanding etc. If not, identify the reg by serial number (certainly you'd have this for testing, right?) then we can arrange for a prepaid shipping label, packing box and materials and a small and reasonable handling fee. Good going on your PR, BTW....

LOL. Maybe that was a troll post? Can an admin confirm that NEX really contacted SB?

Looks like a typical salvage of a lost item, finders keepers. Open it up and post pics.

So really, what's the deal with this company? Can't tell if the regs look like original designs or just options from an overseas factory. First stages have a s***load of ports. Really really expensive. Anybody know more?

So, this is what I call “a question of ignorance”, or “you don’t know what you don’t know”. Why would anyone need that many ports?

Maybe it's to simplify hose routing.
Why?
Why not?

Maybe it's to simplify hose routing.
Why?
Why not?

Seems over complicated for simplification. But, seriously, is there a legit reason that I’m not aware of? Other than setting up 2 friends with 3 15-20 foot hoses for primary, secondary and inflation so you can all get by with just one tank?

Seems over complicated for simplification. But, seriously, is there a legit reason that I’m not aware of? Other than setting up 2 friends with 3 15-20 foot hoses for primary, secondary and inflation so you can all get by with just one tank?

The idea isn't to use them all!
It's so you can configure the hoses anyway you like.
BM, SM, DBLS, REBREATHER...
I wouldn't call extra port plugs a potential failure point so no downside...

So, this is what I call “a question of ignorance”, or “you don’t know what you don’t know”. Why would anyone need that many ports?
Well, let's see how many we could fill. You could have a primary and an octo for 2. A Drysuit hose and an inflator hose which brings us to 4. Maybe you have a full face mask setup so that takes us to 5, You like to dive with a redundant bladder that you keep hooked up for 6....that's about as far as I can get

I highly doubt this is an official post from NEX. It's almost certainly a troll.

You have got to be kidding?!? If it was me ya'll could buy it back from me, ya know a finders fee, reward. Instead a threat! SB is aware LOL!! The op should take it out on his next dive and leave it on the bottom! You go find it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom