MY weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, let's see, I'll start with the pics...

brokenblade1.JPG

brokenblade2.JPG

Where do I start? I wa sheade dup to Nelson bay for the ID course weekend, looking forward to lots of fun, learning, drinking and diving, my iPod was blurting out the tunes, the speedo was happily sitting somewhere near the legal limit of 110km/h. Maybe a small touch more. Maybe.

Anyway, I had just merged into the right hand (fast lane) and did a head check for some reason, I am not sure why, maybe I saw something in my peripheral vision, or maybe I just felt like it, but it doesn't matter, I did. When I turned my head back to look ahead, I saw what looke dlike a grey cardboard box - note, that this section of the highway was also grey, it was dusk, so I wasn't quite sure what I was looking at. Anyway, I started to do a mild swerve, thinking I can clip cardboard no problem, but I don't want to swerve into the car int he next lane... Suddenly, it dawns on me - like the fmaous words spoken by sir Alec Guiness in Star Wars "That's not a moon, it's a space station...." Well, my brain said:

That's not a cardboard box, that's a 2 seater couch..." and it was taking up about 3/4 of my lane. Now, bear in mind, this whole process took about 1/4 to 1/2 a second, I swerved very hard, kept the bike in my lane, but I clipped the couch with the right side of the nose cowl, and that pretty much caused the damage you see above. Headlight, nose cone, right side fairing ripped - but I held on to the bike. So, I had not even got to the dive sit eyet, and I'm already down about $2000....

Then...

And this one is a link because it's kind of gross (my hand cut up from an oyster)

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/cuthand.JPG

After a nice div eon saturday morning, checking out lots and lots of cool little critters, and some cool big critters too, I was coming in over the rocks, and I asked Dave:
Dave? Am I likely to step on a tonefish here?" (I wasn't wearing booties or gloves - I'm already too warm without them)
Dave:
"No, but watch out for the oysters"
Me:
"Oh, ok... "
me slipping...
AAAHHH F***********K!!!!

Nice gash on hand...

That pretty much killed off my diving for the weekend, didn't really want to aggrevate it as I still had to ride my broken baby back home (about a 3 hour trip)

Hopefully, you lot had better weekends...
Z...

awww. . . . not a good weekend for some of our foreign pasaways. . . hmmm. . . btw. . . just came from a whole day of diving in Anilao with chip, larry, spoon, mons, aparatchiki and his friend bebo, iris, and matthew. lots of stories to tell, good and bad, im too sleepy though, maybe Chip can do the report tomorrow.

edit: THAT'S A NASTY CUT U GOT THERE ZEE.. . . yawch.

midwestdvr:
Ouch. At least you didn't hit that couch head on. And what the hell was it doing in the middle of the road?

A few cars pulled over behind me, they saw it happen and they were all freaking because they thought I was going over. Luckily not the case...

Now, a couch was doing on a freeway.... that, is an excellent question....

Ish - yup, I'm gonna see a doc today to see if it needs stitching, it's really deep, probably means I wont be working for a few days :( Very annoying when you actually want to work...

Z...

Nice save Z

I like you Star Wars analogy... I've had a number of those moments in my 2 1/2 decades on bikes.

Hey, Btw...
I had no idea Oysters were so aggressive.
Thanks for the heads up!

oysters?! not a lucky day for you eh

are pigeons deaf? while driving along a 2 lane highway (typical provincial highway in the philipines) this weekend there was a pigeon crossing the street, i was doing about 120kmh i kept on honking the horn to warn it. i did assume it'll fly away last minute as birds always do.

to my shock it didn't! looking at the rear view mirror i saw feathers falling! poor bird

a near motorcycle crash? a bad ending to a nice dive with a nasty cut on the hand? and still thinking of going to work?

Zee, take a break and have your hand stiched, dude. Glad to know you're ok.

Nice defensive driving! Especially at or near 100! Hope you get that hand seen to - Almity mentioned it. They can't stitch after 24 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom