My very first UW photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maggy, I want to get into UW photo and you just inspired me to start getting serious. Did you use any flash?

Thank you Missdirected - much better!

mpgunner - no I did not have a strobe. Only the built in flash in the camera. I didn't notice the flash go off in any of the above photos. Only a couple of times when I took pics closer under a ledge or where it was much darker. But it was shallow dives - under 40ft when I took these.

I know I could get hooked on uw photo. Too bad I live so far from warm seas with clear water. I don't see myself dive any other time than on vacation in tropical places.

Nice Job! :D

You will want a strobe at some point! In really good vis, and shallow water, it's not as much as an issue. Once the clouds are overhead, it get darker, and the strobe becomes necessary!

I know I could get hooked on uw photo. Too bad I live so far from warm seas with clear water. I don't see myself dive any other time than on vacation in tropical places.

You should rethink that. More life and lots of color in cold water. I have been diving in California for 30 years, never tired of it.

Great first effort. The Grunt is especially good for a first try, particularly without a strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom