My very first UW photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, first photos? It took me close to 500 shots to get ones comparable ( I subscribe to the scorched Earth school of photography).

You'll be posting the awe-inspiring shots in no time...

Thank you all for your very nice comments. That made me really happy. I do have a lot of bad ones also of course:D

I don't have Photoshop, but only a program that came with my printer, so maybe I shall get Photoshop in the future. I can see that they need a little more editing.

The dives that these were taken, were shallow dives to max 37ft, and one of the dives was the UW Photodive in the Advanced course. It was not very good visibility though, max 45-50ft. We did shallow dives for this on purpose. I don't know if they would have been as good in 75ft, but I'll have to try next time to see how the photos will turn out if I dive deeper.

Oh, the Redlip Blennies bites? I noticed that it wasn't afraid at all, but it was not aggressive. But I'll keep that in mind.

There are some more photos in my album (link below). Thanks again for all nice comments.

Maggy I think I took 1000 underwater images before I got one that was scientifically identifiable and about 1000 more before I got some good ones like you did on your first try. Be careful, it's easy to get hooked on this :). And congratulations,
++Ken++

Maggy - thanks for letting me play with your piccers :) Check your email. Here is what I did:

Karin3.jpg

karin2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom