My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not look like a dog tugging the leash rapped around its hind leg, rolling over on its head . . .

We'll be needing video of that to ensure that your description is accurate.

Reactions: Jax
Getting to it. . . yeah, I can . . . .

I just would like to do so with some modicum of control . . . not look like a dog tugging the leash rapped around its hind leg, rolling over on its head . . .

If you're going to be pulling anything from your pockets in a restriction, you won't be rolling over on your head. There won't be any room! :D

denisegg:
Believe me, if you need something out of that pocket, you will figure out a way to get it, even in sidemount. Rob made me put my deco notes in my pocket and retrieve them on ascent, in a restricted area. You can get pretty flexible when the need arises

Now hold on a second there! I told you to pull your notes once we got to 80', which was past the restriction in a larger room. You're the one who decided you wanted to get the notes out early and decided that would be in the restriction! :dork2:

Now hold on a second there! I told you to pull your notes once we got to 80', which was past the restriction in a larger room. You're the one who decided you wanted to get the notes out early and decided that would be in the restriction! :dork2:

:popcorn:

LOL...I was getting a jump on training...I got them out didn't I? :wink: I also had them out while my buddy and I were single filing with OOA. Gotta love a challenge. :D

You were awesome Rob! That was one of the most awesome dives I have ever had!!

Hmmm, I can see where taking the Profile off my rig will be the next step, making it instantly adaptable to single BM and VERY light. That would make it into a great travel rig, but can I do without a butt plate?...gotta try it out.
I've not been in the water with mine yet. I'm thinking that the D-rings will replace the butt plate on my setup. If not, I'll get Tobin's. I seen one that NetDoc had from Tobin and it looks like it would work perfect attached to the crotch strap, or I'll make one. How big is your wing? If it is like mine, I would think Taco with a single BM. :idk:

I'm going to actually get around to practicing this . . . :rolleyes:

I am going to suspend an HP 100 and two ponies on ropes and gear up those in the water. I will giant stride off with my left tank (bungied reg) hooked up. The question is - what is the best way to hook up the hung tanks?

I'm thinking a clip on both ends of the rope. I run the rope around the neck of the tank, and clip it back to itself. The other end would be wrapped around the boat rail or cleat or whatever the boat wants, and clipped back to the rope.

Or, on the tank, should I tie off a bit of rope as a loop around the neck, and then clip to the loop? If I did this, I wouldn't have a worry about the clip getting caught up on the 1st stage and hoses as I took it off.

Anyone?

:bump:

I'm going to actually get around to practicing this . . . :rolleyes:

I am going to suspend an HP 100 and two ponies on ropes and gear up those in the water.
I'd ask the boat how they feel about tanks hanging over the side and beating against it first and find out how they want it done.

Currently hoping 14' ropes will take it well under the boat. As I am -- as far as I know -- their first sidemount diver, we're all in virgin territory. Heck, I don't even know which boat right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom