My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to pay shipping to CA so total $176.50 - You still got a great price. Closest other offer I could find online was $220 from my friends at Dive Rite In Scuba in IL. Nothing at my local stores.

Dwayne

I had to pay shipping to CA so total $176.50 - You still got a great price. Closest other offer I could find online was $220 from my friends at Dive Rite In Scuba in IL. Nothing at my local stores.

Dwayne
Ok,well it wasn't that bad then. I forgot about shipping.

Noreast...
My sidemount tank harness is a cam lock and belt on the bottom with a soft double rope running up to the valve. The doubling of it allows me to weive the 2 inch cam belt through it and the knots I tie around it hold it in place really well.

Below the cam belt and continuing is about 6 inches of the double rope tied together to make a loop. This allows me to loop in a thumb clasp with a swivel and a large ring. Passing the 6 inch end of double rope through the ring then pulling clasp through the ropes fastens it well. A few more passes and I can shorten the length of rope and bring the clasp closer to the tank. This is also good when using insulated dry gloves as you now have a larger ball of rope knot to hold and grip when pulling the thumb lock.

going up toward the valve from the cam strap the douple rope goes through about 5 inches of hose (tygon or silicone your choice) then another knot. Upward from the knot the hoses split and each passes through the end hole of a 20 inch black rubber tie down, with the steel hooks removed. The double rope comes back together and another knot. I continue up to the valve with the double rope inside more tubing to the tank shoulder then through another thumb clasp and knot it close to the valve. The ropes go around the tank neck and we are done.

This has bee described upside down as I start with a loop, big enough to go around the valve with the top clasp knot locked in.

With the cam belt I can loop in a weight pouch and add 6 lbs in each tank pouch. They are ditchable off the tanks so no problems. The Catalinas never float in fresh water even when mt.

Have fun in Bonaire.

Noreast...
My sidemount tank harness is a cam lock and belt on the bottom with a soft double rope running up to the valve. The doubling of it allows me to weive the 2 inch cam belt through it and the knots I tie around it hold it in place really well.

Below the cam belt and continuing is about 6 inches of the double rope tied together to make a loop. This allows me to loop in a thumb clasp with a swivel and a large ring. Passing the 6 inch end of double rope through the ring then pulling clasp through the ropes fastens it well. A few more passes and I can shorten the length of rope and bring the clasp closer to the tank. This is also good when using insulated dry gloves as you now have a larger ball of rope knot to hold and grip when pulling the thumb lock.

going up toward the valve from the cam strap the douple rope goes through about 5 inches of hose (tygon or silicone your choice) then another knot. Upward from the knot the hoses split and each passes through the end hole of a 20 inch black rubber tie down, with the steel hooks removed. The double rope comes back together and another knot. I continue up to the valve with the double rope inside more tubing to the tank shoulder then through another thumb clasp and knot it close to the valve. The ropes go around the tank neck and we are done.

This has bee described upside down as I start with a loop, big enough to go around the valve with the top clasp knot locked in.

With the cam belt I can loop in a weight pouch and add 6 lbs in each tank pouch. They are ditchable off the tanks so no problems. The Catalinas never float in fresh water even when mt.

Have fun in Bonaire.
Thanks for the info. I started off using a stage strap kit which is now working great after I made some adjustments. I am no longer using it with the big hose clamps that make it semi-permanent, I have it now set-up using a small cam belt to hold the bottom of the strap down to the tank. With this method I now have a more interchangeable setup. I have about a 6" length out the bottom now which seems to be just right to keep the tanks parallel to my body and at close enough to my side.

I don't normally use aluminum tanks at all, and I only plan on using them when I travel. I am now looking to switch to some HP100s as I am not happy with my LP112's in this setup.

I miss my sidemount! :crying:

I have a class in which I have to wear single . . .

What kind of class?? That's just not right!

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom