My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, you may have heard me biotching about this left list I had . . .

We all put it off to my redneck engineering . . .

So, finally, Rob checks out the Nomad's bladder, running his hand all the way down each side . . . found the bottoms somewhat twisted. The left side of the horseshoe wasn't getting as much gas as the other.

:hm: no list! Go figure . . . :blush:

Thanks, Rob!!! :D

I've been wondering whether that fixed it or not. Glad you finally got back in the water to find out!

For holding down lights, I have also used shock cord tied in a similar way to necklace bungee. This allows you to tighten it and loosen it as needed and does quite well at holding the light in place.

I still think you need to get on the rack so you can just expand the real estate... :rofl3:

I still think you need to get on the rack so you can just expand the real estate... :rofl3:

Laugh it up, Mr Fuzzball that stole four inches of my belt space!!!! :scorned:

BTW . . . I finally performed surgery on my waist band. 8 inches off one side and 10 inches off the other. :chuckle:

For holding down lights, I have also used shock cord tied in a similar way to necklace bungee. This allows you to tighten it and loosen it as needed and does quite well at holding the light in place.

I tied some shock cord around the doghouse plate where the strap hooks in, and I put the light behind it. I'll see how that works tomorrow.

:( I'm not happy with myself. Just four days, and I'm all fumbly again. :depressed:

Pool was 86F, though! :D

Back to the drawing board on the light.

Y'all can laugh . . . I'm still forgetting to turn my air back on after doing a valve drill. :shakehead:

Back to the drawing board on the light.

Y'all can laugh . . . I'm still forgetting to turn my air back on after doing a valve drill. :shakehead:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

image.php

Jax I clip my backup lights to the upper D rings then bungee them on my upper shoulders. If you try to bungee them belong the D rings, they will be under the tanks when you sidemount and I don't have any room on my waist for anything either.

Jax,

I have two options...either clip and secure to my harness or put in thigh pockets.

As IrishSquid suggested just cut a section of inner tube and or even a loop of bungee and place it around your harness on the shoulder strap either along the (1) lower strech below chest D-ring (as IrishSquid does) or (2) above the chest D-ring (as denisegg does). I have my backup lights on the lower run clipped to the D-ring and then held down/captured at the light head by innertube. Yes, it is a little obstructed by SM tanks but not that big of a deal since it takes only a second or two to access and deploy either one.

If I have multiple stage/deco tanks and real estate is precious then I know that a backup light will live in each thigh pocket. No hassle.

Okay . . . :blush:

This one is for Rob. I'm nothing if not consistent. I'm doing valve drills. Please note what I do after checking my gauges. :blush:

[Embarrassment]

[/Embarrassment]

Wow, you even start off with the valve off. Funny thing is I can actually see the gauge is down to nothing when you check. :rofl3:

Now are you shutting off the valves every time you switch regs, or is this just in practice for a failure?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom