My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, you even start off with the valve off. Funny thing is I can actually see the gauge is down to nothing when you check. :rofl3:

Now are you shutting off the valves every time you switch regs, or is this just in practice for a failure?

Just valve drills . . . I was practicing all the skills while swimming and hovering. I just wish I could remember to turned the danged things back on! :lol:

Just valve drills . . . I was practicing all the skills while swimming and hovering. I just wish I could remember to turned the danged things back on! :lol:
I am usually pretty good at remembering to turn them back on, but sometimes I do forget.

Okay . . . :blush:

This one is for Rob. I'm nothing if not consistent. I'm doing valve drills. Please note what I do after checking my gauges. :blush:

[Embarrassment]

[/Embarrassment]

At least your trim is looking good!

Ok, well since this thread has been dead for a few days I will add in what I have been doing with my Nomad so far.

I am planning on bring the Nomad and going sidemount in Bonaire so I decided to get myself aquainted to it with AL80's. I set up the 80s and got into the pool. I was pleasantly surprised that they trimmed out almost perfectly and I just had to shift my weight back as I had it too far forward. I spent about 4 hours in the pool and found it to be very comfortable.

I will never use the AL80s around here as it sort of defeats what I was looking for. I have played and played with my LP112's and I am just not liking them for sidemount at all. I think I am going to try and find myself a set of LP85's like I tried when I first started in sidemount. I will also consider some HP tanks, and I think I will try out a few different ones in the pool at my LDS.

Were the AL80's Luxfer or Catalina or possibly Hy-Mark and did the bottom get light when near empty?
Thx
Bill

I set up the 80s and got into the pool. I was pleasantly surprised that they trimmed out almost perfectly and I just had to shift my weight back as I had it too far forward. I spent about 4 hours in the pool and found it to be very comfortable.

I'm assuming you normally use DIN - Did you try with DIN-Yoke adapters on your 1st stages with the AL80's?

By the by, I just realized I need a second DIN-Yoke adapter for when I travel and use AL80's.

Dwayne

Last edited:
I'm assuming you normally use DIN - Did you try with DIN-Yoke adapters on your 1st stages with the AL80's?

By the by, I just realized I need a second DIN-Yoke adapter for when I travel and use AL80's.

Dwayne
I normally do use DIN and used DIN->Yoke adapters for the al80s. I was going to just buy the adapters, but I also wanted a transfill whip, so I bought one that had the adapters already and got two things I needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom