My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went with a swivel. I choose the Omni brand swivel, and not the cheaper version that seems to have some issues from comments that I have seen. The decrease in jaw fatigue is amazing as well as simplifying getting the hoses to laydown just right is no longer a concern...no tugging or dragging.

On my recreational setup I had Miflex hoses. The swivel is a noticable improvement even over that.

Okay, bunch of questions!!! :)

(Wondering if I should start a separate thread . . . )

1. Angled fitting or swivels? I have a friend who tried Edd's swivels and fell in love with them. :wink:

2. If angled - plain 90-degree, or a 70-degree?

3. Any favorite brands? Materials? anything else I should consider?

Over 400 dives on the swivels that Edd carries with no issues. They are now on almost all my regs.

I use 70-degree on my O2 regs. The reason for this is to have a very distinguishable difference between my O2 regs from my other regs.

Just order them from Edd. He carries Omnis and others. Personally, I use the other. It doesn't have the Omni price tag and is much smoother.

Over 400 dives on the swivels that Edd carries with no issues. They are now on almost all my regs.

I use 70-degree on my O2 regs. The reason for this is to have a very distinguishable difference between my O2 regs from my other regs.

Just order them from Edd. He carries Omnis and others. Personally, I use the other. It doesn't have the Omni price tag and is much smoother.

:thumb:

Just ordered . . . OMG, Jim knows my voice, now!!!! :rofl3:

:thumb:

Just ordered . . . OMG, Jim knows my voice, now!!!! :rofl3:

:rofl3: Too funny. f you order a Magnus you mght be customer of the year.

Good present for Kevin!!! Just in time for Christmas!!

:rofl3: Too funny. f you order a Magnus you mght be customer of the year.

Good present for Kevin!!! Just in time for Christmas!!

Darn it! You made me look! :scorned:

I need another expensive toy like I need a hole in my head! :D

Who said anything about you havng it?? Read the fine print :D

Who said anything about you havng it?? Read the fine print :D

I tell you what, bud; if one arrives with your name on it, you'll know I won the lottery! :wink:

Oh come on, expensive toys are the only kind to have. I just found my next expensive toy yesterday at DEMA!!! Already on the list for 2 out of the first production run!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom