My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Brent; that question came up - they're Worthington HP 100's, this year, and the "tank as an issue" has been discarded.

Hiya, Squid! As soon as I am done with my Adv Nitrox / Deco cert dives, I'll let you borrow my rig!!! :D

Thanks, Brent; that question came up - they're Worthington HP 100's, this year, and the "tank as an issue" has been discarded.
I thought that had been questioned already, and I don't think the Worthington HP tanks are that bottom heavy, they are just heavy.....:wink: But so are my tanks.

I thought that had been questioned already, and I don't think the Worthington HP tanks are that bottom heavy, they are just heavy.....:wink: But so are my tanks.

Not so heavy - out of water, which is a premier requirement of mine, it's only a lb more than an al80. It's 2" shorter, too. Under, they are about -7 lbs different . . . which is what I used to wear in weight.

Last edited:
In my first video, the bungees are shortened but run just over the valve handles.

YouTube - 20101121 Shortened bungies.MOV

In the second one, I ran the bungees between the tank and me, around the neck, and back to the ring.

20 minutes to go . . . .
If you do the same thing with your hands but out in front of you, does that make a difference? It seems like that may help out. What happens if you pull your tanks as far forward as they will go? Do you trim out then?

If you do the same thing with your hands but out in front of you, does that make a difference? It seems like that may help out. What happens if you pull your tanks as far forward as they will go? Do you trim out then?

Hands out in front makes very little difference. If I pull and hold my tanks forward (if I'm horizontal) I trim out better - see the second video.

But really, are you supposed to put your arms around your valves? If I put my hands down, like when I carry a camera, my arm goes around the neck of each bottle . . . When I look at other people's pictures, they don't have gauges on their cheekbones . . .

Eh, no matter. I probably won't post anymore of these - I am dialed in about as far as I can go without expert help. Unfortunately, I don't see me traveling anytime soon! :crying:

:hm: I do wonder how I keep getting all that air in the right side of my wing.

Hands out in front makes very little difference. If I pull and hold my tanks forward (if I'm horizontal) I trim out better - see the second video.

But really, are you supposed to put your arms around your valves? If I put my hands down, like when I carry a camera, my arm goes around the neck of each bottle . . . When I look at other people's pictures, they don't have gauges on their cheekbones . . .

Eh, no matter. I probably won't post anymore of these - I am dialed in about as far as I can go without expert help. Unfortunately, I don't see me traveling anytime soon! :crying:
I can put my hands out in front of me and I kind of have the tanks pushing up though my armpits. I have my gauges on Phantom hoses so they dangle down a bit, and they don't poke out into my face. I have cleaned up my setup since that video I posted so there are no more danglies besides the gauges, but I have changed the setup so they dong hang down past the tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom