My son in Scuba Rangers Program.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaknott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience with my son being in the Scuba Rangers program. We started the class two weeks ago and we just finished White Ranger night and from the very first night my 8 year old son has been very happy and excited to be in the program. I must say being a parent I was very nervous and afraid that I might be exposing him to some dangers to young, but after talking with lots of people and doing lots of research I felt like that if it was something he really wanted to do I would support him in it.

He has done a wonderful job and has had no problems what so ever; in fact from his very first time he seemed to be a natural in the water. It is really great to have him interested in SCUBA and sharing the same love for adventure that I do. The teacher is really great and I am able to get in the water with him to help the instructor and act as his dive buddy. It really has been a great experience and I would recommend to anyone that has a kid that may be interested for them to encourage them and get involved with the scuba rangers program or some equivalent.

My daughter, also 8 , took the Scuba Rangers class last month here in Memphis, and loved it too. She also seems to be a natural in the water. My wife dosn't dive (currently), so the way i look at it, I'm "growing my own" dive buddy...lol. Glad to hear that you had a simlarly good experience with the program, and I too would recommend it to anyone with an interested youngster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom