My new G250Vs and ramblings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies regarding the BA/156 and 109, much appreciated!

This is only my perception but since the BA has a very strong Venturi the viva vane was added to disrupt flow and assist in limiting free flow.

You may be onto something there. I think some are actually labeled "Dive" and "Pre Dive." But the vane does act to direct the airflow. Making it adjustable allows it to disrupt airflow when positioned to do so.

This is only my perception but since the BA has a very strong Venturi the viva vane was added to disrupt flow and assist in limiting free flow.
Last year I experimented and made a makeshift vane installed in the shank of my BA, what I found was an increased in Venturi effect while flow testing.

Last year I experimented and made a makeshift vane installed in the shank of my BA, what I found was an increased in Venturi effect while flow testing.
It may just act as a deflector or air straightener in the BA, the old HOG classic had one that acted more like a ram air scoop, they have since quit adding these yet the boss for attachment are still there.

It may just act as a deflector or air straightener in the BA, the old HOG classic had one that acted more like a ram air scoop, they have since quit adding these yet the boss for attachment are still there.
I was trying to duplicate this... and it seem to work based on reduced effort at the same SCFM.

upload_2021-1-9_9-17-2.jpeg

Do you guys actually dive these regs? This discussion is reminiscent of some of the early theoretical math work I did. I assume there is a practical component somewhere? :p

@buddhasummer Perhaps getting them wet may be revealing?

That, by the way, is marketing at its finest.
Writer by Pete Wolfinger, don’t we respect his knowledge and understanding of regulators?

Marketing in a technical service manual? Hmmm

Do you guys actually dive these regs? This discussion is reminiscent of some of the early theoretical math work I did. I assume there is a practical compenent somewhere? :p

@buddhasummer Perhaps getting them wet may be revealing?
We’re just geeks having fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom