My LDS Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ:
Well, to enhance your LDS experience, tell you what I'm gonna do. The first 5 people that come into Aloha Dive Simi Valley on Monday, and mention this post, I'll have a free drink, (soda, bottled water), a bag of chips, a dive sticker of your choice, and a free air card. 50$ worth of goodies, just for coming by and saying you saw this on scubaboard. And 10% off on all equipment sales. I'll even have a dive movie or two playing all day, you can kick it on our couch, have your snack, talk diving, and hang out for a bit.

In fact, I'll run the 10% sale all week, for those of you who can't make it in on Monday!

Look forward to seeing you all!!!

Now, pay attention; This offer is valid at our Simi Valley Location ONLY!
I was planning on stopping by anyway.

edit: Just got home, thanks for the bumper stickers. I'll check back on that rashguard and hose clip later this week sometime. see you again.

PhotoTJ:
Well, to enhance your LDS experience, tell you what I'm gonna do. The first 5 people that come into Aloha Dive Simi Valley on Monday, and mention this post, I'll have a free drink, (soda, bottled water), a bag of chips, a dive sticker of your choice, and a free air card. 50$ worth of goodies, just for coming by and saying you saw this on scubaboard. And 10% off on all equipment sales. I'll even have a dive movie or two playing all day, you can kick it on our couch, have your snack, talk diving, and hang out for a bit.

In fact, I'll run the 10% sale all week, for those of you who can't make it in on Monday!

Look forward to seeing you all!!!

Now, pay attention; This offer is valid at our Simi Valley Location ONLY!
Oh, come on, TJ, after diving with you and Chris on that freezing, hail-stormy 2-day on the Peace back in March, you're going to make me drive out to Simi instead of just going 2 blocks to the Woodland Hills store? :wink:

UPDATE
Sports Chalet opened in Thousand Oaks a few month ago. Everyting that I would have bought from Channel Islands Scuba is pretty much available at Sports Chalet and the staff there is incredible, thanks for helping out my local diving comunity and making it that much better.

I have also heard that Channel Islands Scuba is going out of business. The rumor I heard is that they are only dealing with hotels in Vegas and will no longer have a store front for the public which from what I understand is a violation of their ScubaPro resale license.

Karma, it's what makes the world livable.

If anyone else has any other info I'm interested to hear it.

Billy

I think we have a lot of great stores down here- maybe a few bad apples.

My only complaint about dive shops in general (at least those in West LA) is their hours of operation. I know most of them are mom and pop stores that are open from roughly 9 to 5, or 10-6 or so, but how many of us divers are unable to make it there in time because of work schedules?

I work about 9 to 6 and every now and then I can sometimes break away during my lunch break to get an air fill or something, but more often than not, I rush there as soon as I'm out, only to see the shop has already closed.

I wonder how many potential customers have the same experience? I know these stores can't be open like Sport Chalet hours, but why not open at, say, noon and close at 8 or 9pm or something? You're still working just 8-9 hours, same as before, just a little later in the day....

Otherwise, I just have to go to Sport Chalet for my airfills, since they're about the only ones around here open after 7pm who can do so.
It's funny- when I worked at Sport Chalet's dive dept, it would be often completely dead in the daytime hours, and generally pick up in the early evening, which makes me think that most divers are only available to drop by dive stores after work, too.

Mark Vlahos:
Normally I am a fan of local shops, but in this case you would be well advised to simply move along. Do not dwell on the bad experience, vote wtih your dollars and give your business to others.

Mark Vlahos

I feel he same as Mark here does..We sell a new tank and despite whether or not the manufacturer has a vip sticker we do a vip to be safe,anything can be in there as we have found new tanks contaminated by anything from bugs to manufacturers deposits..We DO NOT charge for this vip as we consider it a service and we fill it at no charge..if someone comes in with a tank purchased elsewhere brand new and empty we require the same vip and will complete the service and charge for it..seems this LDS you dealt with "cut their nose off to spite their face"..they will not develop any type of customer loyality with these kinds of actions..

Empty V:
Plus, they wanted to charge me $6.50 for the fill. Being new to all of this and eager to get the tank, I agreed to the charges and picked up my new purchase. Once in the shop, I again asked them to waive the $6.50 for the fill.

Since Billy brought the thread back up, I figured I'd mention that when I bought my 19 cuft pony bottle (new) & a new reg to go with it (total of about $500), the lds charged me for the $4 fill. And for the $3 bolt snap to secure the reg to my d ring... I was pretty floored (and still am when I think about it).. Ridiculous.

I ordered a tank from scuba.com and picked it up at their location. No probs and filled it and my empty AL80 for free. Just had to show a C-card. :D

Hi Billy,
I went to that shop to check it out when I was working in Camarillo & did not care for the owner. BTW we might be diving at Vets Park Thrus. night if you're interested, Mark's suppose to be checking out the conditions with Claudette.

Happy Diving
John

JMdiver:
Hi Billy,
I went to that shop to check it out when I was working in Camarillo & did not care for the owner. BTW we might be diving at Vets Park Thrus. night if you're interested, Mark's suppose to be checking out the conditions with Claudette.

Happy Diving
John

Hey John,
That seems to be the consensus. Thanks for the invite, sounds enticing but I'll be at the Gardens of Taxco, one of the best restaurants in Hollywood.

Hope to see you soon!

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom