My first pool dive with the Omega Flip Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dear fuzzy bunny,
I knew there was a touch of envy when you saw me wearing the fins when you were on Catalina – the fins really do inspire a feeling of “What the heck are those?” in many. With 50 some dives on mine, I don’t even think about how to get them to lock in the down position. But I suspect it is that you are doing it vertically and flat footed.

So, in an effort to make our intrepid rabbit look groovy with her new fins and ears, here is my advice. Take a giant stride in with fins up, As you rise up, kick with your toes pointed. If they don’t lock right away, go horizontal and kick – snap – snap they will lock securely in place.

Maybe I’ll have someone video tape my next entry and post it.

Don’t give up. The effort will pay in more jeers and funny looks from other divers followed closely by whispered suggestions on where to buy a set.

Awesome pics!

My dear fuzzy bunny,
I knew there was a touch of envy when you saw me wearing the fins when you were on Catalina – the fins really do inspire a feeling of “What the heck are those?” in many. With 50 some dives on mine, I don’t even think about how to get them to lock in the down position. But I suspect it is that you are doing it vertically and flat footed.

So, in an effort to make our intrepid rabbit look groovy with her new fins and ears, here is my advice. Take a giant stride in with fins up, As you rise up, kick with your toes pointed. If they don’t lock right away, go horizontal and kick – snap – snap they will lock securely in place.

Maybe I’ll have someone video tape my next entry and post it.

Don’t give up. The effort will pay in more jeers and funny looks from other divers followed closely by whispered suggestions on where to buy a set.

The bunny hero tried vertical, horizontal, upside down, on her back and a couple other contortions including full body dolphin kick/lunges. There are some serious coordination issues combined with the fact the fins were purchased to manage "huge bootie syndrome" (bootie not booty :shakehead: ) and the wetsuit booties weren't huge.

Right now our bunny hero is contemplating the "12 foot drop" test with fins in locked position but doesn't know if pool officials will approve of a giant stride off the high dive.
Ber :lilbunny:

:rofl3:

"Bunny Bunny ... are you OK?"

Thrashing bunnies are usually fine, often ticked off but fine...it's when they STOP moving :rofl3:

The bunny saga continues here. Flip fins...day 2.

Back
Top Bottom