My first pool dive with the Omega Flip Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber, you inspire me. I have a student who is using these. I think I'll give them a try when I'm in the pool next and let him use my beloved Jets. Even though I'm the harshest skeptic when it comes to the next "latest, greatest" gear.

I got to see Ber in the fins before class. It's interesting seeing someone in business dress wearing dive booties and enormous yellow and black fins waddling around.
This from the guy wearing sweats and dive booties for a fashion statement. I'm sorry, but if there is a rule "what happens at the pool stays at the pool" I don't know about it!

Pictures of Ber doing her scuba hockey impression have been added.

Last edited:
This from the guy wearing sweats and dive booties for a fashion statement.

What??!?!?? No fashion statement here, just warmth!

Seriously though, those fins look like giant rabbit ears on her feet! Which is funny because she only has about a size 3 shoe size...she actually has rabbit feet...:11:...honest...where do you think she got her name??? :rofl3:

"you can take a strong step down and it will unlock. " - Dive Right In Scuba

Mike,

With the change of the durometer of the material on the blade, described above is no longer possible, also prevents the issue of "pop ups".

Best Regards

A bystander perspective:

I got to see Ber in the fins before class. It's interesting seeing someone in business dress wearing dive booties and enormous yellow and black fins waddling around.
Ok, ok...maybe I couldn't wait 3 hours for the pool session to start before trying them...big mouth

I am looking forward to seeing the fins in action in open water. Will they result in a near drowning incident? Just be amusing seeing "ears at both ends"? Or will the trusty bunny try to unlock her fins by kicking my face or a more delicate area of my anatomy???
I think you've just solved my fin lock and unlock dilemma :crafty:

... "Bunny Bunny .. are you OK?"
:rofl3:

Thank you Ber, you've got a knack for writing and amusement ;-)
There's clearly no denying I'm a :dork2:

Great stuff BR! Makes me not want to order a pair right away!:wink:
Strange thing is it makes me want to order another pair...a smaller pair...with smaller spring straps to fit the wetsuit booties. Good grief if someone were to take me out for all I can eat snow crab legs I might become the owner of a second pair :11:

Ber, you inspire me. I have a student who is using these. I think I'll give them a try when I'm in the pool next and let him use my beloved Jets. Even though I'm the harshest skeptic when it comes to the next "latest, greatest" gear.
They are definitely worth a try, I'd be really interested in hearing what you thought of them.

Any way to post these in the Scubaboard gallery so I can see them too? All I get is the red x of death thanks to the work firewall and my home computer is temporarily dead.

Seriously though, those fins look like giant rabbit ears on her feet! Which is funny because she only has about a size 3 shoe size...she actually has rabbit feet...:11:...honest...where do you think she got her name??? :rofl3:
My shoes are a perfectly normal size 7...I think YOU should be the next one to try the fins and do a report. After all you have the giant feet that can probably fit the fins properly.

"you can take a strong step down and it will unlock. " - Dive Right In Scuba

Mike,

With the change of the durometer of the material on the blade, described above is no longer possible, also prevents the issue of "pop ups".

Best Regards

NOW they tell me :D Well they certainly don't feel like they are going to "pop up" on their own even when thrashing wildly. Any other "oh by the way..." tips?
Ber :lilbunny:

All you can eat crab legs eh.......:D

At roughly $20-25 per pound --oh and they have to be hot with lots of lemon and some butter-- at a restaurant it's cheaper for you to GIVE me the fins...trust me...I can probably eat almost 2 pair. There's not much meat on a "pound" of snow crab legs :D

Oh and about the cost of shipping, have you seen the new Postal discounts for using internet postage and sending a lot of packages that went into effect May 12? Might be worth another comparison to your current shipping method.
Ber :lilbunny:

I think you've just solved my fin lock and unlock dilemma :crafty:

My shoes are a perfectly normal size 7...I think YOU should be the next one to try the fins and do a report. After all you have the giant feet that can probably fit the fins properly.

And you want me to get anywhere near your fins??? I'm afraid I might become a flip fin hood ornament! :11:

At roughly $20-25 per pound --oh and they have to be hot with lots of lemon and some butter-- at a restaurant it's cheaper for you to GIVE me the fins...trust me...I can probably eat almost 2 pair. There's not much meat on a "pound" of snow crab legs :D

She consumes more than the normal amount of snow crab. I don't know where she puts it. I think she sneaks the snow crab out in her pockets... :D

Back
Top Bottom