My first computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steven Kowalski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Evening all,

I'm looking into buying a dive computer as the next piece of my kit, overdue at this point! For a while I was looking at a Suunto Stinger-but now I think I am going to buy a Suunto Vyper possibly a Vytec. Both the Vyper and Vytec are cheaper than the Stinger-but I think they hold all the functionality I need at this stage (with room for development). Also, I think the Stingers watch shape/size may make it more of a challenge to toggle the buttons on the computer with gloves on?? :idk: I'd love to get feedback here.

I'm looking for the computer to display dive time, depth, ABT, SI, DE-SAT and most importantly my safety stop & that it does it automatically! :wink:

Overall, money isn't the restrictive factor here-but I could be spending more on a regulator and BCD if I save on the computer.

Thanks

Steve

Anyone!

Do you want an air integrated computer or not?

Suunto computers are more conservative than say, Aeris/Oceanic, so that's a consideration.

Suunto have great products, some will use terms like conservative. When it comes to diving, conservativeness and diving within your limits are vital. People quickly forget that you react different to each and every dive, but still want to push limits. Dive tables are conservative!! Dive Computers recalculates data every few seconds and makes changes to your dive profile.

If you want air integration consider a D9 or Oceanic OC1. You mentioned spending more on a good reg. Get a Scubapro MK25/S600 and R295 octo.

Dive Save

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom