My Dark water set up..Backplate and Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you have your regulator turret up? Why not facing down and the regulator second stage connected to the 5th port (on the top/bottom port) and use a 120cm hose?

I like the way it performs turned up better. Wing was affecting the movement when turned down because I am running a tank weight and the wing(backplate) has to ride a little higher on the tank. I just configured it with factory length hose that came with it.

Why do you have your regulator turret up? Why not facing down and the regulator second stage connected to the 5th port (on the top/bottom port) and use a 120cm hose?
I am trying to picture that in my mind and what the advantage would be for me...

You may want to get rid of the bungees on the wing so in case of a failure on either bladder or valves, your wing won’t be squeezing itself and pushing all the air out, therefore you will be able to trap some air inside.

Also second the turret points down configuration. It will be more streamlined, low profile and in case of impact I will less prone to severe damage.

Not my own setup but I do same for single tank back mount set up.

71AAFBD2-76CB-44D7-B1C9-8AF4906BECDB.jpeg

Yeah the bungees keep popping off setting here in my office while its inflated...I am still trying to see the advantage of turning the current down...With my hose clearance I have now..

It is clearing while inflated like I have it .So I am trying to figure out the benefit of the other hose in the lower port..Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 8E713D51-CE96-4582-8F4F-D1BBCC9E22B2.jpeg
    8E713D51-CE96-4582-8F4F-D1BBCC9E22B2.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 56
You may want to get rid of the bungees on the wing so in case of a failure on either bladder or valves, your wing won’t be squeezing itself and push the all air out, so you will be able to trap some air inside.

Also second the turret points down configuration. Therefore it will be more streamlined, low profile and in case of impact I will less prone to severe damage.

Not my own setup but I do same for single tank back mount set up.

View attachment 727657
thanks

For blackwater diving I don't use a wing anymore, after I punctured 2 of them I just dive with a backplate and ds4 regs, no pressure gage, no inflator hose, just 1 short lp hose per reg set pointing straight down and behind my neck. Got the entanglement risk to a minimum.

It is clearing while inflated like I have it .So I am trying to figure out the benefit of the other hose in the lower port..Am I missing something?
The only actual benefit to you using the fifth port and flipping the reg is head clearance IF you hit your head when you tilt back. If not, run it however you want to run it. I have seen 1st stage regs ran in all manner of positions.

Back
Top Bottom