My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, can you walk ok? Using a walker? It
I'm OK on the walker, but I don't like it. If it weren't for my right leg being so gimpy, I could do without it. I just ache so badly and it's just so weak.

Grand Nephew to the rescue. I feel bad calling him, but he's so cool about it all.
I'm sure that he is grateful for the opportunities to help.

It's been a bit over two weeks since the surgery. My right leg is at best right at 50% strength. My Grand Nephew went over much of my back with an impact massager. That was heaven. I'm feeling less of a need for Oxycontin, which is good, but I still need it. Home PT commences this Monday, and stitches will should come out on Wednesday. Life moves on... DMs are piling up, and while I'm sorry about that, I just can't think straight.

Welcome back. Back surgery is rough I've heard.

First at-home Physical Terrorism today. Not too bad... I've got a lot of walking ahead of me, and I'm going to need an all-terrain walker for it.

It's been a bit over two weeks since the surgery. My right leg is at best right at 50% strength. My Grand Nephew went over much of my back with an impact massager. That was heaven. I'm feeling less of a need for Oxycontin, which is good, but I still need it. Home PT commences this Monday, and stitches will should come out on Wednesday. Life moves on... DMs are piling up, and while I'm sorry about that, I just can't think straight.
Glad to hear things are starting to point in the right direction. Get off that Oxy ASAP. Given your geographic location you cannot afford to be on it too long, we don't want to be reading a thread about Pete's recovery from opioid addiction. 😉

all-terrain walker
Will your insurance or Medicare provide that? You'd need to ask your doctor to order for it I guess. They provided my Commode tool and my simple walker, but not my folding wheelchair, shower chair, or grab bars in my shower. My PT hospital and home health provided a few tools, 3ft shoe horn, a fancy tool for my socks, a grabber, etc.

First at-home Physical Terrorism today. Not too bad... I've got a lot of walking ahead of me, and I'm going to need an all-terrain walker for it.

In our area there is a nonprofit that has a lending library of things like this, at no charge. Maybe there is something like that near you. If Google doesn't find one, call a couple of nonprofits (Habitat for Humanity, YMCA, etc.) and ask to speak with the operations manager or the executive director. All the people running nonprofits know all the other people in the area running nonprofits. If there's something there, they'll know it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom