My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know where her attitude came from and I'm not at liberty to share.
I remember reading Marie's posts when she began her journey and enjoying in her elan and willingness to learn everything about diving. I also remember her responses to people that had temerity to disagree with her about her diving path.
Who cares where her attitude came from? Whatever happened to you does not give you the right to treat other, honest, human beings with scowl or sneaky remarks like she did.
Her skills are unknown to me, but I am really not sure that DRIS came out with all this information just because they dislike her. OK, they are probably not her biggest fans right now, but to infer they are trying to discredit her as a diver on purpose like @Laminappropria has done is laughable at best.
Her beginners enthusiasm was something to marvel at, and I hope she still remembers that feeling and decides to pull it back up to surface.

Who cares where her attitude came from? Whatever happened to you does not give you the right to treat other, honest, human beings with scowl or sneaky remarks like she did.
I think that I understand your point of view.

By your post, I assume that you treat others with the same respect that you would like to be shown by them. Nothing wrong with that. However, there is a great diversity of personalities in the dive community. IMHO, Some are interesting to understand and others just aren't worth the trouble. There are no absolutes, most of it just comes down to how your personality interacts with someone else's.

I rarely defend another person's viewpoints as I wouldn't know their backstory. Nor am I defending her or her LDS' stances on this matter. If you go back and read carefully, you will find that I made a misstep and challenged her LDS for not giving her another chance. I was politely corrected offline. This comes down to a personality clash. Harsh 'wrongs' and fundamental 'rights' can be found on both sides. Let them sort it out...

This comes down to a personality clash.

From what I have read here in the posts from both involved parties, I would not agree that this can all be casually dismissed as “a personality clash”. It seems like some poor judgment and poor choices have been demonstrated, and that is entirely different than just clashing personalities.

From what I have read here in the posts from both involved parties, I would not agree that this can all be casually dismissed as “a personality clash”.
As you are a recreational agency instructor, I would question your view of what is 'acceptable' with respect to diving practices and procedures. Yes, she has done stupid things underwater. We all have.

As a first step out of the world of 'conventional wisdom' recreational agency thinking, I would suggest that you dive with these guys/gals:

NEDEG - North East Diving Equipment Group Homepage You tend line for a few other divers and thus earn yourself a free dive in their gear...

As you are a recreational agency instructor, I would question your view of what is 'acceptable' with respect to diving practices and procedures. Yes, she has done stupid things underwater. We all have.

Why does being an instructor make my view questionable?

If she did stupid things underwater, then, as I said, that is not a matter of clashing personalities.

She is doing just fine right now, doing more diving than I am. She found a kindred soul instructor and presses on following her own star. She will reappear someday.

@Manatee Diver: Nah, keep the thread alive. This is ScubaBoard after all, ground-zero for differing scuba opinions.

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom