What gas is authorised as a diluent for IANTD CCR Advanced Recreative Trimix Plus 51 m (ART+)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you.
On the card but in REBREATHER DIVER STANDARDS & PROCEDURES MANUAL ?
Strange...
But you have ART and not ART+ card. Maybe this is the reason.

Thank you.
On the card but in REBREATHER DIVER STANDARDS & PROCEDURES MANUAL ?
Strange...
But you have ART and not ART+ card. Maybe this is the reason.
Out of curiosity, why not going for Normoxic instead of ART plus?

Yes I will do normoxic later.
ART+ would be sufficient and with only 1 bailout for my actual dives.

My IANTD CCR ART card says:

"Max 170 fsw/51 msw - Min Dil 18% O2 - END 80 fsw/24 msw"

No limit on % He allowed.

My card is from January, 2019. Standards have obviously changed since then, at least a little bit, as there was no "ART Plus" at that time. Mine appears to be what became "ART Plus" and ART non-plus is now 150 fsw, instead of 170.

Out of curiosity, why not going for Normoxic instead of ART plus?

I don't know about the OP, but the reason I got ART (now Plus) is because it was my first CCR cert. I was not allowed to go directly to a Normoxic (MOD2) cert. But, I was already a normoxic OC diver, so I was allowed to do ART as my MOD1.

I don't know about the OP, but the reason I got ART (now Plus) is because it was my first CCR cert. I was not allowed to go directly to a Normoxic (MOD2) cert. But, I was already a normoxic OC diver, so I was allowed to do ART as my MOD1.
My situation was same as yours and this was kind of my point. ART can be first CCR certification if diver has decompression and helium tickets in the hand already.

However, as of today ART Plus (if I am not mistaken hence I am not an instructor) has prerequisite of being at least CCR EANx diver as the Normoxic CCR. For me it was no brainer to skip ART Plus and get Normoxic after ART.

My situation was same as yours and this was kind of my point. ART can be first CCR certification if diver has decompression and helium tickets in the hand already.

However, as of today ART Plus (if I am not mistaken hence I am not an instructor) has prerequisite of being at least CCR EANx diver as the Normoxic CCR. At least for me it was no brainer to skip ART Plus and get Normoxic after ART.

I am not an IANTD instructor. But, I agree. If I already had a MOD1 cert, then in that case I would not do ART. I would do Normoxic. But, I didn't have any CCR cert at the time, so I couldn't do that. I don't know the OP's situation. If they already have the option to do Normoxic, then that would make a lot more sense (to me) than doing ART. But, if standards do not allow Normoxic, then ART Plus is a good way to get decent depth and be able to use unlimited helium.

Back
Top Bottom