Mustache and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my .02.
If the mask sticks to your face when you try it in the dive shop, it will be fine. I have a goatee and almost never have a leakage problem. In fact just yesterday at about 40', I had such a mask squeeze that I couldn't exhale into my mask hard enough to loosen it. I had to peel the skirt back enough to get it to flood and get some relief.

Steve.

For what it's worth... I've had my goat for so long, I don't know what my chin looks like... I *did* have issues with it diving for a couple of years, and tried trimming, tried the mask seal, etc...

Nothing worked.

After going through a plethora of masks... everything from Atomic to Ocean Master, finally found the SeaVision Ultra. No leaks, no need to trim, no need for lathering up your stache with grease.

I'm not saying the SeaVision will work for you -- just that I believe it's a function of the mask and the fit...

Dove with one for probally 20 plus years before I took it off. Not a big deal.

I keep my beard & mustache trimmed down to a 5 o'clock shadow. As my beard grows out, my mask starts leaking. Then I "mow the lawn" and chop my beard back down to stubble. Leaking stops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom