Multitaskers?...what else are you doing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about the poop? I know all of you are wondering...

catherine96821:
hey! KEN!....what a great idea for my 10.5 that I cannot afford the port for! Okay, next Monday we can have a bunny thread. why, andy, of course, just train your cats, of course!...or mania can. (just stay in the room)

ken, are they potty trained in the potted plants?

They are boxed trained - so they are free to roam the house. They run around, then roam back to their box to munch and poop and stuff. As you know, they don't have hands, so to get to know stuff they give it a chew. Chewing on houseplants is NOT good - very poisionous to bunnies.

I've since put up a green screen in that tree to keep the bad Diesel out of it. He's the explorer.... he finds everything.

Each of the 4 are so different. They just crack me up.

---
Ken

H2Andy:
wow, you think they are brighter than dogs or cats?

how do they demonstrate this?

(ok i'm sorry... last post in the hijack)

If I move one thing in the house... I mean one thing - slide a chair over a foot, change out a throw rug, etc.. they are all over it in a moment. Looking at it from each angle, checking it out, re-memorizing the room lay out - every nuance in and out.

They watch the play of light through the windows and determine where to rest or sleep according to path in, path out, light, etc.

Smarter may not be the best term - but surely more aware of every little thing.

They're never "off". If you can see them, they're already looking at you. They never, ever take their eyes off of you. It used to creep me out... I'm all "relax, dammit...." Like a dog or cat will roll over and just pass out in the middle of the room... never happens with these guys. They are aware, alert and always on. They associate sounds with stimulus - just like Cats and Dogs, too.

Knife on a cutting board 3 rooms away???? Must be Ken cutting apple for us so they all come rolling out... Car pulling up in the afternoon?? Jake is home to spoil us some more.... so they all come rolling up to the front door.

They have an internal clock like dogs and cats... I mean every day at 4:00 PM - its "where's my snack time...?" At 10:00 PM, it starts again... Its too funny when the time changes... they're an hour early or an hour late for a couple of weeks...

They play and play and play... Not that this makes them smart, but it keeps them fit. Rabbits never need to be walked or worked out. They get their own exercise.

Maybe I've just had dumb cats and dogs... but I've never had a pet so aware, so alert, so finely tuned to its surroundings, to changes, to everything as my rabbits are. They learn so quickly, and remember everything.

Being at the bottom of the food chain means you gotta have some game. They are built for speed and agility. They are quiet and care deeply for each other.

They amaze me.

---
Ken

(Bart is my fav... I'm so bad. I love them all, but he's my guy... such a good hearted bunny)

An old girlfriend of mine taught her rabbit to go in a litter box. Damn thing would chew anything it got its teeth on.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

justleesa:
Love the 10.5 pic! You must take some more!!!
He should change his avatar to that pic.

no!!

that backflip is a classic

(as is yours, Jeff.. i hope you never change that pic)

Andy, hijack away my friend....you are a free citizen. I have beeen looking for my 10.5 since I saw those pics, leesa. wow, ken, I would have never guessed you a bunny connoisseur.....what other deep secrets await us out there? (we know Jeff likes pink walls)

hijack -

justleesa:
I'm tellen' but it ain't listenin'.....humpf....:frown:
OK, instead of cutting the measuring tape and inch a day, I'll cut it 2 inches a day, and inch a day to cut the rain away!:D

Ken, those are the cutest bunnies and bunny stories ever:)

(cynde, I think you cut the right piece....it stopped for now :wink: )

Catherine...I didn't take your lens home...witches honor :wink: (just watched the movie bewitched again...lol)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom