Multitaskers?...what else are you doing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off the subject...but...

Lamont, good choice with your avi...I love Stephen Colbert!

I'm fortunate enough work from home - so I'm making client calls, doing research, preparing presentations, writing copy, getting people to come around to my way of thinking, putting out fires and stuff.

A little time is also spent managing my eBay business, chasing down deadbeat bidders, going in to play with the bunnies, treasure hunting on eBay, working out, loading gear, rinsing gear, blah blah blah...

And spending a lot less time on SB than I used to.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I'm fortunate enough work from home - so I'm making client calls, doing research, preparing presentations, writing copy, getting people to come around to my way of thinking, putting out fires and stuff.

A little time is also spent managing my eBay business, chasing down deadbeat bidders, going in to play with the bunnies, treasure hunting on eBay, working out, loading gear, rinsing gear, blah blah blah...

And spending a lot less time on SB than I used to.

---
Ken
I've noticed this trend, Ken.

You haven't been gracing us with your presence lately near as often as you once were...

Sad to not see you on as often.

bunnies? real bunnies? I have some bunnies....not many adults have bunnies.

and, my wonderful dog leaves them alone.

I am almost never able to access ScubaBoard while at work, I have extremely non traditional hours doing a non traditional job, so in the middle of the day if I am on ScubaBoard I am not at work.

Multi-tasking for me while on ScubaBoard means regular around the house kind of stuff.

Mark Vlahos

My work day consists of:
  1. Run code
  2. Get interrupted by boss remiding me of an arbitrary deadline I'm not going to be able to meet
  3. Debug code
  4. Finish Code
  5. Boss says "I thought it did 'x' not 'y'"
  6. Change code to make it do 'y'
  7. Restart at step 1
#1 takes about a third of my time, which I use for SB.

Terry

catherine96821:
If you are on SB a lot, I assume you must be multitasking...or maybe not.

tell me what else you are able to do while debating, pontificating, sourcing, supporting, socializing!

Me? I am either on the phone, on the treadmill, waiting for a satellite call, or lecturing my kids. I am not ...spellchecking or...thinking at times.

catherine96821:
If you are on SB a lot, I assume you must be multitasking...or maybe not.

tell me what else you are able to do while debating, pontificating, sourcing, supporting, socializing!

Me? I am either on the phone, on the treadmill, waiting for a satellite call, or lecturing my kids. I am not ...spellchecking or...thinking at times.

What's work?

bennedc:
Off the subject...but...

Lamont, good choice with your avi...I love Stephen Colbert!

..and that's the Truth. =)

now I'm waiting for our config management tool to propagate a change to the fanout boxes...

I'm alone most of the time so don't have to minimize the SB screen.

Lately, I've been doing the following:

-Editing the 1,000,000th draft of the program for a conference I'm organizing
-Emailing or phoning potential speakers for said conference
-Paying bills
-Updating the work listserv
-Updating the work webpage
-Checking personal email
-Browsing eBay for bargains
-Doing personal banking
-Staring out the window waiting for spring
-Massaging my mouse hand.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/