Mr. C Boat Schedule?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HT, I always consider losses like these to be sacrifices to the sea gods. I like to believe that it keeps Neptune and Poseidon happy, so they'll continue to allow us to enter their domain, where humans really aren't supposed to be. I tend to make most of my sacrifices on shore dives, especially in heavy surf. :wink: So far I've sacrificed three fins, a mask, two snorkels (which is why I stopped wearing them), 3 or 4 dive lights, and several lobster gauges. I hope the sea gods are enjoying them! :D

Y'all are too funny. I'm not trying to be negative about the Mr. C except to say his lack of personal attention to this stuff was surprising and probably not the best way of doing business....again, it's just an opinion. I'd never let a customer respond on behalf of my business. You're wrong on my dive history, though. I have been on the Mr. C but it was a few years ago so I'm sure it was before it's current ownership. I think it was actually my first boat.

LeeAnne, no bone to pick with you. You don't understand where I'm coming from and I don't understand why you're so impassioned about a business, a side business at that. If anything, you passion for them suggests a high degree of subjectiveness in your opinion. I realize some people don't care for my comments because I don't sugar coat them. I don't try to be hurtful but again, we're talking about a business. I call it like I see it. The only lasting opinion I have is that I will wait for further objective reviews before joining them for a dive. How is that negative?

Sincerely, no bone with anyone. I'm commenting on a business but some seem to take it as though I'm commenting on their family. View it as you wish but it's still just a business.

So ANYway...... :D

Chris, as I said, the 20th is out - Stan, the captain, is teaching an Instructor class that day for LA County. However, are you interested in the 21st? There is another group interested in going out that day, but not quite enough for a charter. If you and some of your friends want to go, he'll fire up a trip. Let me know if you're interested.

HT - Pat thinks he saw a hood when he was down there working on the boat today, and if it's yours, it'll still be there. He'll be back tomorrow and will tell me if he can find it and what it looks like, so we'll know if it's yours.

EVERYONE - interested in a DIR/DIR-curious dive day on Dec 19th? The boat can go out that day if we can drum up enough divers, and it just happens to be my...ahem...birthday! I would be thrilled if I could gather up a bunch of people for a day trip out on Mr C, especially if I can dive with DIR divers and practice my newly acquired skills, and share some of my experiences having just taken GUE Fundies, with other divers who may be considering it. I'll post a separate thread.

The Facebook page - one of the DMs is supposed to be keeping up with that, but he's just been busy. He will respond to any postings on it as soon as he can get to a computer.

The website - they can't get into it, and their webmaster is at Catalina for the week. Soon as he gets back they're going to try to get in there to at least take it down! It's a big source of frustration, but their hands are tied right now.

Oh, and just ftr, I'm not a "customer" -- I'm a friend and volunteer! :D And it's not just an anonymous business - these are real people, who happen to be really awesome guys who care very much about doing a good job for the SoCal dive community, and are doing the best they can. They also happen to be friends of mine, so yeah, I kinda consider them family. :)

Oh, and just ftr, I'm not a "customer" -- I'm a friend and volunteer! :D And it's not just an anonymous business - these are real people, who happen to be really awesome guys who care very much about doing a good job for the SoCal dive community, and are doing the best they can. They also happen to be friends of mine, so yeah, I kinda consider them family. :)

Well, I look forward to more reviews from those NOT in the family. :D

Hi LeeAnne,

Don't sweat it. I might have left it on the boat, the damn thing might have blown off the boat and now floating down to Mexico. Luckily I have more than one hoods. It's just that the hood was...well...my favorite hood. How can anybody not like a Nemo clownfish hood?

You used to have a Nemo Clownfish hood? That's rad!
I would love to do a breakwall lobster dive LeeAnne. My buddy said the bugs are all over the walls. Please PM me when you get the date!
Get Wet!

So ANYway...... :D

EVERYONE - interested in a DIR/DIR-curious dive day on Dec 19th? The boat can go out that day if we can drum up enough divers, and it just happens to be my...ahem...birthday! I would be thrilled if I could gather up a bunch of people for a day trip out on Mr C, especially if I can dive with DIR divers and practice my newly acquired skills, and share some of my experiences having just taken GUE Fundies, with other divers who may be considering it. I'll post a separate thread.

LeeAnne count me in for a DIR curious dive day! My calendar is marked.:D

You used to have a Nemo Clownfish hood? That's rad!
I would love to do a breakwall lobster dive LeeAnne. My buddy said the bugs are all over the walls. Please PM me when you get the date!
Get Wet!

Clownfish for the summer and Hammerhead for the winter. Now I'm gonna have to call up Terrapin Wetsuits in Texas for a new one. Maybe I'll try the nudibranch summer hood that they've got.

4thJuly09Dives022.jpg

trip04241055.jpg

HT, if you left that hood on the boat, I'm SURE we'll find it! There is no mistaking that hood... :wink:

I am the owner of the Mr. C My Phone number is (818) 640-9383 We Have spots for Nov 21st
The Mr C Web site is under construction So I will be Keeping you posted on scuba board about trip availability. We have been running private Charters until now.
There are no 2 for one specials and all obligations have been honord.
AgIn Feel free to Call if you have any questions. again my number is 818 640-9383

Hi everyone My name is Pat Fealy and I'm the owner of the Mr. C dive boat.
Phone (818) 640-9383 We hav\

e spots for Nov 21st
The Mr C Web site is under construction So I will be Keeping you posted on scuba board about trip availability. We have been running private Charters until now.
There are no 2 for one specials and all obligations have been honord.
AgIn Feel free to Call if you have any questions. again my number is 818 640-9383

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom