Mr. C Boat Schedule?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5. On Two Wheels - there's another, less-negative way to look at it: Pat is a smart man for obtaining so much free assistance from somebody who IS computer-savvy! :wink: I would like to make one request - please don't publicly bash the operation if you don't have any direct experience with them. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I understand your choice to form an impression based on this one aspect...I just think you're being a bit harsh towards a dive op that you don't actually know anything about. Come try a day with us and THEN post your impressions! :) They may not be the most computer-savvy guys, but they are all LA County instructors, the captain is an LA firefighter, the DMs are some of the best I've worked with, and the part-time galley wench ain't bad neither. :wink: (And the lemon bars alone are worth the price of admission - or so I'm told!)

More later - gotta earn a paycheck here, since Pat sure doesn't pay me much! :D

I'm not in here saying, "They suck!!" I'm merely stating that given the information in this thread, much of it from individual experiences which have been substantiated by the responses, I will take my business elsewhere. Sorry but my comments in this thread are merely an opinion and far from bashing. We're in the era of socialnomics. Social media makes or breaks a business. He should be running to the computer...in my opinion. As stated in the following video, it's no longer word of mouth. It's world of mouth. You no longer tell your neighbor. You tell your neighbors all over the world and all at once.

YouTube - Social Media Revolution 2 (Refresh)

In all fairness, if I start seeing comments/threads saying how great they are from users other than friends of the boat, I might give them a shot down the road. Hence the power of social media in business. Until then, the few thousand I spend on boat diving each year is headed to the competition.

We're in the era of socialnomics. Social media makes or breaks a business.

Certainly the social media sites and their marketing guys would like you to believe that.

In the present case, of the 8 to 10 people who have posted about the Mr. C, you seem to be the only way saying you have made up your mind to take your business elsewhere. It looks like the people whose posts you have based your decision on are, in fact, trying to plan another trip on the boat.

Certainly the social media sites and their marketing guys would like you to believe that.

In the present case, of the 8 to 10 people who have posted about the Mr. C, you seem to be the only way saying you have made up your mind to take your business elsewhere. It looks like the people whose posts you have based your decision on are, in fact, trying to plan another trip on the boat.

Right...and when they report back saying it was great, then I might try them out. No different than any other business to me. As for your stats, read the posts. Only about 2 actually acknowledge plans to go on the boat other than leejnd. I'm sure others will but the currents posts don't reflect 8 out of 10. Again, I'm not saying the boat is less than 100% professional normally, perhaps a run of bad luck. Just giving my opinion which is often the case in discussions. Nor did I say I "won't" go on that boat. I am saying I'll wait until I hear all is well including customer service.

Regarding your initial comment, YOU'RE A MEMBER OF SOCIAL MEDIA!! Did they market you? :cool2: Suppose leejnd didn't respond "for" Mr. C so the questions just kind of hung there. Then a guy from elsewhere visits this forum and reads the thread while planning a CA visit. Potentially lost business. That's how social media affects business. It easily reaches far beyond what word of mouth ever did. I'm not saying it's a good thing or even accurate. But it certainly can be a powerful tool or liability.

Well, to most of these people on here I'm not "leejnd", I'm LeeAnne. Come on out on Mr. C and let's dive together, and maybe you'll start calling me by my real name too! :D

No word yet on schedules - sorry all, I had a helluva tough day at work today and just didn't have time to call. What I need to do is win the lottery so I don't HAVE to work - that way I could just focus on my diving! Meanwhile I've got all these dang worksheets to do in preparation for my GUE Fundies class which starts on Sunday, and I know y'all told me the math wouldn't kill me, but HOLY crap this stuff is HARD! :confused4:

Well, to most of these people on here I'm not "leejnd", I'm LeeAnne. Come on out on Mr. C and let's dive together, and maybe you'll start calling me by my real name too! :D

on_two_wheels certainly isn't on my birth certificate. I just don't care if someone knows/uses my name on here unless it's already a dive buddy. Your name wasn't on the same page as that reply was but the username was.

For what it's worth, I just received a recent review from another member of the Mr. C via PM. If you'd like to read it I'll send it to ya but won't reveal the sender....that's their responsibility.

Hey, on-two-wheels, I'm not sure why you seem so determined to turn this into some kind of argument. I have no desire to argue with you. I was actually trying to be funny. And to make a point: I'm not just some anonymous internet user. I'm a real person, whom many of the people on this thread have met, if not dived with.

You seem to have some kind of bone to pick, although I'm not sure if it's with ME, or with Mr C, or what. Although I can't imagine why you would have either. You don't know me, or seem to have any interest in getting to know me. You've never been on Mr C. So why all the hostility? Honestly, I'm just not interested in engaging in negativity with you. So please, can we just let this go, and be nice?

Thanks.

LeeAnne

One of the two "Rainer" is the one who raised the complaint that started the thread I believe the other one knows him. No one else who has posted has taken your position, so, once again, out of 8 to 10 posters (I didn't count them, just a quick estimate), you are the only one stating a negative position.

Sure social media markets to me. That doesn't mean it has anywhere near the influence it claims. It is just a data point often from unknown sources. If your only source about local dive boats is SB, you need to get out more.

No need for any (minor) drama. I posted as I'd like information about the Mr. C's schedule.

Unfortunately (despite LeeAnne's gracious efforts), I've still been unable to get the information I need. I can appreciate them having difficulties with the website and e-mail (though obviously those need to get resolved), but it'd be nice if they could at least post here or on their FB site.

At this point, it looks like we're just going to make other plans for Nov 20th...

Chris, I think you're probably right about Nov. 20th - I don't think that's going to work. Pat is a bit inundated right now with calls - I think lots of people started calling him after I posted his number! In any case, I'm still hoping to book a DIR dive day on the boat in mid-December - I'll post that when I get a confirmation.

Please understand that this is not Pat's main job - it's a side thing, and he's trying hard to get it going but this is not a money-maker for him right now. In fact it's the opposite. :wink: So he has to balance out his desire to work on building this business, with the very real need to make a living. It's a tough balance, and I applaud him for trying - which is why I'm trying to help him out as best I can. But I got a day job too. :D

HT, no luck on your hood yet - I'll be down there next weekend and will look myself, if it's not found sooner.

Pat is definitely NOT computer savvy - that's just a fact. His background is in construction, plumbing, and of course dive instruction. He's got some learning to do in that area for sure!

HT, no luck on your hood yet - I'll be down there next weekend and will look myself, if it's not found sooner.
Hi LeeAnne,

Don't sweat it. I might have left it on the boat, the damn thing might have blown off the boat and now floating down to Mexico. Luckily I have more than one hoods. It's just that the hood was...well...my favorite hood. How can anybody not like a Nemo clownfish hood?

Back
Top Bottom