MP3's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windows media player [free, should already be installed on a win system] will burn mp3's to cd and convert automatically, getting a new system in a brand new vehicle for only this purpose is ridiculous unless you are planning to upgrade anyway. The FM transmittor in my XM receiver [audiovox xpress] works fine in LA/OC and Phoenix, I do have to switch frequencies when driving between the two but only once, so depending on your area this [mp3 player + fm transmitter] may be an option instead of hours burning cd's.

shark.byte.usa:
Windows media player [free, should already be installed on a win system] will burn mp3's to cd and convert automatically

The older versions of WMP don't have this capability. I think it only arrived with version 7 or 8, with 10 being the current version.

The FM transmittor in my XM receiver [audiovox xpress] works fine in LA/OC and Phoenix, I do have to switch frequencies when driving between the two but only once, so depending on your area this [mp3 player + fm transmitter] may be an option instead of hours burning cd's.

Same with my old Sirius Sportster unit, before I replaced it with a permanent mount unit.

However, until the Harman Kardon Drive Play unit, I couldn't find one for a portable MP3 player that had a similarly powerful FM modulator. The one Belkin unit I still have only works well if I position it (and the iPod) in the center console tray directly below the stereo; anywhere else in the car and I get a lot of interference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom