Moving to Orlando!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastud16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well I'll be moving to Orlando this Saturday, and I'm looking for some diving. I'll be attending UCF as a freshman, and I need to feed my recently discovered habit (aka addiction) of scuba diving. i have all my equipment except for a comp (christmas!!!) and tanks. where are the good places to hit, that are cheap? any of them have tanks for rental? I may even be looking for a dive buddy or two, depending on my situation. thanks for the help!

oh, and will a long suit/gloves be necessary for the waters? i have to admit, i am a gulf coast sissy, so im thinking it will. we'll see though! thanks in advance.

Depends on what you are looking for and how far are you able to travel.The east coast is not that far away-about 3 hours drive to boat and shore diving.The shore diving is free.As for springs I honestly dont know as I have never dove a spring here.As far as right now in the atlantic you can get away with a skin or t shirt.Towards winter you would probably want a wet suit.A few people I know never use them.

I have had good luck with Scuba Quest. I live over toward Tampa though. I know there is one over there around Apopka or something like that. When I dive the springs I just use a 2 mil shorty. I haven't had an issue with getting cold but I am a fat boy so I have extra insulation. I have a full suit I just haven't had to use it. Keep an eye on this board. There is always a dive going on somewhere. Some of the people here have their own boats too.

Thanks guys! I'll certainly be browsing the boards daily from now on :wink: It's such an addicting habit, isnt it?

LiteHedded:
UCF UCF UCF!
:D
good time to be a freshman there.
I'll go diving with ya anytime
GO KNIGHTS!

are a golden knight (or ex-knight for that matter) as well? I'll let you know about the dive buddy thing. im seriously looking into the springs diving, because at home im pretty close to the keys (and i'll go there on breaks).

LiteHedded:
yea i graduate this fall.

lucky you! have you done any diving around the campus (within an hour or so)? where did you like to dive?

i'm diving blue springs tomorrow
the diving in orlando is kind of limited
I mostly go down south to west palm
there's always the epcot dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom