Moving to Germany and hoping to continue diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heftysmurf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Howdy fellow SB'ers.

Just when I thought I was beginning my long diving life in South Florida, the universe has other plans and I'll be moving to Stuttgart, Germany in the coming months. While that in itself is super exciting and we're looking forward to the next chapter in our lives, I can't help but be a little bummed that I'll miss the easily accessible shore dives I've grown to love.

I'll certainly get to travel to other dive sites in that area but I guess I'm just wondering if there is diving in Germany that's accessible for a long weekend or is it better to use those long weekends to travel elsewhere for diving fun?

Thanks!

Howdy fellow SB'ers.

Just when I thought I was beginning my long diving life in South Florida, the universe has other plans and I'll be moving to Stuttgart, Germany in the coming months. While that in itself is super exciting and we're looking forward to the next chapter in our lives, I can't help but be a little bummed that I'll miss the easily accessible shore dives I've grown to love.

I'll certainly get to travel to other dive sites in that area but I guess I'm just wondering if there is diving in Germany that's accessible for a long weekend or is it better to use those long weekends to travel elsewhere for diving fun?

Thanks!

Start saving for your drysuit. :wink:

Hopefully you can also head south to the Mediterranean for some diving there on occasion.

Start saving for your drysuit. :wink:

Hopefully you can also head south to the Mediterranean for some diving there on occasion.
Yeah -- that's the plan. Might get the training before I leave. Definitely get to go to the Med but heard it was certainly more...."treacherous" than South Florida waters.

Exciting chapter in our lives but daunting all the same!

And the Red Sea only 4-5 hours away!
Look for a dive club near where you will stay. They usually have some (indoor) pool training times at the nearest community pool. They will provide all the logistics (Tank, Air, ...) and some are organising trips to lakes where diving is allowed.
And you should also get familiar with the Metric System... :wink::cool:

Howdy fellow SB'ers.

Thanks!
Have a look here.

And the Red Sea only 4-5 hours away!
Look for a dive club near where you will stay. They usually have some (indoor) pool training times at the nearest community pool. They will provide all the logistics (Tank, Air, ...) and some are organising trips to lakes where diving is allowed.
And you should also get familiar with the Metric System... :wink::cool:
Right?! Super excited to be in the general area of epic dive spots. Will certainly look up a club and certainly get familiar with the metric system.

Beginning our journey this week to at least TRY to learn a little German and should give us a few months to learn.

Back
Top Bottom