Moving tanks across country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't ask on my move from MA to Fl just loaded my 11 tanks on a cart with ratchet straps. Covered with a moving quilt and loaded them onto the moving truck.They were all full.
My truck went in the back of the truck with a 1/2 tank of gas and my guns behind the seat.

I have had to move across the country twice (LA to Atlanta, ATL to LA). Each time I have used the, "out of sight, out of mind" method. :wink:
I have securely boxed up certain items (not hazardous/dangerous to movers) that they are sketchy about moving. My items have always made it safely to their final destination.

Babar - I know you're coming to SoCal, hope you have a good time

babar:
Ahh, so talking to the moving company, I managed to get someone higher ranking. The conversation went like this.
"Look I know you guys are all freaked out about having these tanks on your truck, but if I take the valves off then they basically become flowerpots."

"umm, hang on a minute..."

(((hold Muzak)))
"..Umm, ok, but let me talk to my boss, so we can figure out how much extra to charge you"

Jackasses!
Easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

I live in Medford, MA. Just got my two PST-E7's (87.3 pounds) delivered from Bellingham WA via FedEx ground for $70.95, 7 day transit time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom