Mouthpieces... my jaw is killing me!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I run a full face mask.... never had jaw issues with one of those :)

But for someone new, I do not recommend a full face, they are awesome, but if you have to ditch, you have to be totally comfortable and relaxed no matter what the conditions are and temp is, to get to your alt air source and put on a regular mask (kept in dry suit pocket)

my teeth barely touch my mouthpeice, it just rests gently in my mouth. I think you just need a mouthpeice that fits in your mouth better so you arn't biting on it to keep it in.

My wife and I both love the Seacure mouthpiece. They are expensive for a mouthpiece but they absolutely are worth it.

After some thought...

If you try some of the solutions suggested here and do not get any relief it could be that your jaw pain is a symptom of some underlying problem that a mouthpiece exacerbates instead of directly causing. Perhaps a dentist that has training specific to TMJ disorders would be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom