Mouthpieces... my jaw is killing me!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
This is going to sound funny, but I've found a that a slightly longer hose to my primary made a big difference in just holding it.

I thought about a longer hose, I even purchased one but never installed it.
I even considered a swivel before my accidental bite through.

After I did a quick hotel room installation of my seacure I found out I did not
need either solution.

Anyone need a Dacor LP 38" hose, 1/2" fitting, never used?

I had this problem on 2 previous regulators that I owned. Tried different hose routing and swivels without luck. I have since been using an Atomic regulator and I must confess that it is very comfortable and have had no issues with a sore jaw.

Seacure or comfobite, and stop clamping down on your reg. Relax your jaw, I know, easy when you're a newbie... :D Oh yeah, and make sure you do get the right kind of Seacure if you get one of those...

We have the regs listed by mouthpiece here: http://crazyscuba.com/pd_seacure.cfm

Good luck!

Britt :fish:
:fish:

shellbackdiver1:
I had this problem on 2 previous regulators that I owned. Tried different hose routing and swivels without luck. I have since been using an Atomic regulator and I must confess that it is very comfortable and have had no issues with a sore jaw.

Does your Atomic have the swivel up by the second stage?

---- bill

If you are going to get the seacure (and they are great) make sure it's one of the new ones. I see a lot of places still selling the old ones since seacure was blowing them out cheap when they brought out the new design. The newer one has more flow. That was the main problem with them in the past, is they restricted the air flow from the reg affecting performance. Now with the new design, they don't.

For some reason Scubapro mouthpieces just gave me nasty jaw fatigue, so on that reg I switched to comfo-bite...much better!. I also have an Aqua Lung legend which has a comfo-bite which does very well. Some people take their comfo-bite and put it on upside down and prefer that better.

I also have tried sherwoods, and love the way they feell, so depending on the size of your reg oraface you might be able to get a Sherwood Wisdom mouthpiece to fit yours.

Scubamax

Another vote for the comfo bite. Just discovered today in fact that diverite express sells them! Thought i was going to have to go overseas and get beavers or buy from the local Aqualung dealer who I don't particularly care for. 12.95 from DRXpress but to me well worth it.

My vote is for the Comfo-Bite. You can get them from LeisurePro or DiveRiteExpress.

My wife really likes the aqualung mouthpiece that is on her new snorkel. It is secure in your mouth without biting down because of a flange of rubber that rests against the palate side of your upper teeth in addition to the usual flanges and bite lugs.. She discovered how much she liked it when I was showing her my new Titan LX reg with the same mouthpiece.

Back
Top Bottom