Mount Storm: Current conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is diving the Storm tomorrow?

Hey WVdiver hope you and your dive partner are doing okay. We went to Storm yesterday amongst the rain and mist---whats new for storm. The water temp was 79 at the surface and about 74 at 50. The viz was about 4 feet--worst I have seen it in a while. No deep diving for at least 4 more weeks. I am paying a price for the dives--been a long time since I have been in the water(6 weeks). We need to hook up for a dive outing---By the way, got a new truck--same as the old one but different color.

Glad to see you back in the water Z. The weather kept us home and we aren't going out today either. This has been such a lousy spring. I hope summer is nice. Also glad to hear you have a new vehicle.

We are going to Summersville Lake next weekend, Deb is doing her Rescue class. But we will all get together soon at the Storm.

Safe diving.

Hey WVdiver hope you and your dive partner are doing okay. We went to Storm yesterday amongst the rain and mist---whats new for storm. The water temp was 79 at the surface and about 74 at 50. The viz was about 4 feet--worst I have seen it in a while. No deep diving for at least 4 more weeks. I am paying a price for the dives--been a long time since I have been in the water(6 weeks). We need to hook up for a dive outing---By the way, got a new truck--same as the old one but different color.

Hi Z - Gad you're back and doing OK. We haven't been to Storm yet this year. We were at Summersville a couple weeks ago and it was really nice. I think it was about 72 on the surface and 64 at 40 feet. I was fine in a 5mm. Ian and I are doing our rescue class next weekend there. We'll get together soon! Can't wait to see the truck...what color is it?

Overall not bad. Still have a lot of pressure in the chest area but they say that is normal. Been a slow miserable spring...Taking a tech class with Mike Convery, now I can dive....As for the color os the new truck----well I think it is called sand storm or something like that. As for seeing it--being color blind or shade weak I have no idea, think it is tan or silver tan as long as the key opens it I know it is mine. Deb 5mil in 64 degree water--wow I give you credit, I was in a 3 mil with a hood and a vest and I was cold in 79 degree water. You be the lady or I be the wimp.....

Overall not bad. Still have a lot of pressure in the chest area but they say that is normal. Been a slow miserable spring...Taking a tech class with Mike Convery, now I can dive....As for the color os the new truck----well I think it is called sand storm or something like that. As for seeing it--being color blind or shade weak I have no idea, think it is tan or silver tan as long as the key opens it I know it is mine. Deb 5mil in 64 degree water--wow I give you credit, I was in a 3 mil with a hood and a vest and I was cold in 79 degree water. You be the lady or I be the wimp.....

Tan is nice....And I'm not that tough. By the end of the day I was chilly and it was time to get out. But 79 degree water....that's balmy!

OK Mike....what color is Z's truck...really? :wink:

We got into that discussion last night. Ray, Z and myself. It seems we could not even agree to disagree. I was thinking Khaki, at least the interior. So I looked up Khaki on the internet. The question was what color is Khaki? Heres the answer:

A light olive brown to moderate or light yellowish brown :cool2:

Maybe we could have a contest. The only thing we did agree on was that Z did not know the color of his own truck. Only that the old one was black, and this one is not. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom