Motorcycling and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItMustBeJames:
Does anyone ride and dive? I tried posting this thread on one of the sport-touring motorcycling sites I read, but there weren't many takers. I'm curious about how you load up your gear; what you can bring and what you can't; what you do about salt water dripping from your gear to your bike; etc. Any and all comments are welcome.

-James

While I have not done so yet I can take the dive gear on the bike. Last year I started pulling a small trailer for road trips. So it would be easy to load it up with dive gear.

i have a 2003 Triumph Bonneville ... very proper ride =)

I ride my 03 Deuce to the dive site and make the wife drive the truck with all the gear. works for me!

H2Andy:
i have a 2003 Triumph Bonneville ... very proper ride =)

You got that right. My very first bike; and darn I miss it, was a 1970 Triumph Bonneville. That thing was bullet proof. Found it for $350.00, under a tarp in a barn on Sand Mt. in Alabama. Cleaned the crap out of the carbs, junked the Lucas electrics and replaced it with a Hunt Magneto/Battery Eliminator. Kicked over the second try and rode the crap out of it for 16 yrs. and then sold it for $2,500.00:crafty:

nice!

I ride an Yami R6 and there is no place to put any scuba equipment. But I do like to get out and ride every chance I get. Don't like to ride on the street much any more thank to all the people not paying att.. I like to ride on the track now, but that is more exp. than my Wife and I both going diving.Well I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

I never really saw the appeal of the British cruisers.. but then again I've never ridden one. Just don't like the looks.

Sport bikes I can understand, but I'd never want to own one.

You could always sidemount a couple of tanks, just dont lay it down or that could get messy....

~Jess

Back
Top Bottom